©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Egg whites or protein powder?

Jjyaya

Dec 24, 2014
Recently stopped drinking protein powered and started drinking egg whites with kefir and I honestly feel better, may be the kefir but I don't have as bad of prot farts anymore :sHa_thumb5: what's your guys take on the egg whites as far as a replacement for Protein powder?

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
They both have their place. I get bad gas from some PP. Especially concentrates.

But I've also gotten them from over consumption of EW's too.

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
My shakes (thanks to the advice from guys on this board) are pretty broad-based, so no one ingredient predominates. I have been using whole milk, natural peanut butter, bananas, raw eggwhites, protein powder (Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass) and cottage cheese...no gas, good results.

Jjyaya

Dec 24, 2014
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll throw in some pb and bananas and see how that works out.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Use both. Find a protein powder that doesn't bother your gut. Try a high quality hydrolyzed isolate. Those are usually bullet proof. Use liquid egg whites as the liquid for mixing it in. U can even throw in a few raw whole eggs, if you're not worried about food borne illnesses; personally I'm not. The whole eggs add good quality fats and make it creamier. U can't taste them, and once their mixed in the shake tastes better anyway.

The research shows that multiple types of protein together actually make the optimal shake. U could even add some powdered beef protein to it. The more different sources of protein in your shake, the better.