©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Traveling With Gear

mojo

Feb 1, 2005
Anyone ever took gear on a plane? I got a trip coming up and need to take the last week of gear and was wondering if anyone had any tips. Not sure of the best way to hide a pin in luggage!!! Any thoughts???

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
mojo said:
Anyone ever took gear on a plane? I got a trip coming up and need to take the last week of gear and was wondering if anyone had any tips. Not sure of the best way to hide a pin in luggage!!! Any thoughts???

Pack it good and mail it. Hopefully you are traveling within the US. Your gear will arrive in 2-3 days.

Or, just pack your stuff in your checked baggage. Pins are not illegal, and just take the stickers off your glass.

BIGENUFF

Mar 24, 2005
I travel with my gear a lot. I have been stopped and have had to explain it was my insulin (test Cyp all day):) I told them it was for my Type II diab. and that I needed it had to be with me incase of an episode. I was dying on the inside but it got cleared by some old lady who said oh yes my nephew was a diabetic as well. " I wondered if he also was on the plane, "a little insulin and cyp cocktail" :) This is not advice but just an experience. Main thing keep the syringes with the gear do not spread it around or hide it to much. If left out in a medical pouche labled "insulin and medication" it is safer then stuffed in a shoe. But place the gear in the bag/pouche and put it in the luggage. Also I write on my pouche (prescription available if needed) When I got stopped they never asked to see a paper they couldn't read if I did have it. It's when you hide it thats when they question. Sounds crazy but I learned from a few guys while traveling for shows.

mojo

Feb 1, 2005
I only need to transport a couple of cc's. what about just putting it in the syringe already? I have an old script from a doctor as well for test, I suppose it would make sense to pack the paperwork.