©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Pope is near death

W

wolfyEVH

The Pope is going to die within hours they say. All hope is lost, doctors can't do a thing. I can say that i feel very fortunate to have visited the Vatican in my lifetime, just a couple weeks ago; a day after the pope came back from the hospital. We will all be saddened with his loss, I will and I am not that religious. 1 billion people look up to him and this is prolly going to be the most watched televised event ever. May he end his misery quickly and join God in the kingdom of heaven. He will greatly be missed; he's one of the most important and greatest human figures we've ever had. One of the greatest pope ever. God bless John Paul II.......

Diesel

AnaSCI's GridIron God
Jan 30, 2005
Ghetto
nice post wolfy...but i still dont understand the whole importance ofa Pope...hes like an idol peeps worship him mor ethen god, not so sure i like that idea

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
Diesel said:
nice post wolfy...but i still dont understand the whole importance ofa Pope...hes like an idol peeps worship him mor ethen god, not so sure i like that idea

It is a Catholic thing. I will never understand it, but any sect of Christianity points you in the right direction. They just all have different rituals.

The pope was a good man for humanity, and many have found Christ and gone to heaven because of him. He may have been super conservative, but he straightened out alot of the world's messes.

God Bless You Pope John Paul.

p.s. tell God to bless me when you see him!

W

wolfyEVH

Diesel said:

he is the sucessor of peter....as you should know, peter was one of jesus's apostles....thats why it is called st peters basilica at the vatican, the site where peter was martyred. Jesus made Peter the head his church. Peter was the first bishop of Rome, the first Pope.

"Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father. And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

The church moved to Rome after Peter fled Jerusalem and has been there ever since. St Peters is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. The ceiling is made from solid gold, you can see the mummified popes behind glass, Michaelangelo's designs and sculptures, everything is just amazing.

I wish the Pope goes quickly and calmly. Nothing can be done for him but to pass on. He is truly a great human being and will never be forgotten. I have been saddened by all of this, as have billions of people around the world, but I know he wants us all to happy, and i think we should.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
wolfy i agree and i am totally with you on this one im a catholic myself.. as in Nothing can be done for him but to pass on. He is truly a great human being and will never be forgotten. and we all have been saddened by all of this, as have billions of people around the world, but I know he wants us all to be happy, and i think we should.

all in all these are our beleifs.... and i feel that when i die im going to the kingdom of heaven ;) as in with others they have their own beliefs etc...

Diesel

AnaSCI's GridIron God
Jan 30, 2005
Ghetto
you know ...i have hear( for all you religuos ones out there) that the death of this pope is a major sign of things to come...also have heard that the next pope could is said to be...the anti christ.

Parker123

AnaSci's Hillbilly
Aug 6, 2004
Florida
Diesel said:
you know ...i have hear( for all you religuos ones out there) that the death of this pope is a major sign of things to come...also have heard that the next pope could is said to be...the anti christ.
WTF?

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
wolfyEVH said:
"Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father. And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

I believe the Pope is a very important religious icon and give him all of the respect he deserves, but I must point out that the interpretation pointed out above is a Catholic interpretation.
The protestant faiths believe that "the rock' that Christ would build his church on was not Peter himself, but the Truth that Peter had just previously uttered that Jesus states flesh and blood had not revealed unto him.

"You are the Christ, the son of the living God."

There is no other religion that makes this claim. Every other religion by their own confession state that their highest official is only a profit of God. This is the uniquness of Christianity. Not only does it teach that he is The Son of the one true living God, but then goes on to say that you cannot reach the Father except through the acceptance of that truth. That truth is the rock or foundation if you will that the Christian church is built on. This single truth is what seperates it from every other religious belief.

deadlift

Jan 30, 2005
Yes, but Christ also said "The kingdom of heaven is within you,and the things that I do, you can do greater."
Has anyone ever thought about that statement?
Does this mean that you are I have the potential
to outdo Christ?
Interesting concept, and I believe this is what he wants us to attempt.

Diesel

AnaSCI's GridIron God
Jan 30, 2005
Ghetto
mmmmmmmmmm not tryin to picka bone but in my religion we dont belive that in anyway shape or form...thats what my mother would call blassfemos

deadlift

Jan 30, 2005
The definition of "Blasphemous" means "profane utterances against the church"
to be one with christ and evovle is not in anyway shape or form "against the church"

Diesel

AnaSCI's GridIron God
Jan 30, 2005
Ghetto
yeah well the beliife that we as human beings have anything near the potential of god or jesus christ IS ...we a suppose to shape our lives in the best way possible after him as a rolemodel, but in no way does he say we have the capabilities o surpass him.