©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Ever had this happen with your powders?

-Z-

Feb 18, 2015
So this is probably odd, but after a little while thinking about it I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Over the summer, I left a decent amount of test powder in my trunk on accident. It just so happened to be the hottest days of the year as well. Well, that powder turned to gel in the heat. I quickly removed it from the car, brought it inside and for whatever reason still haven't thrown it out.

Now, the gel has hardened. I was wondering if re-melting it down would allow me to use it in a normal homebrew. The chemical compound should still be good, yeah?

The hardest part would be accurate dosing.

powders101

AnaSCI VET
Sep 21, 2007
The LAB
There should be no problem with the substance. I have done this myself in the past and turned out fine once I got around to using it.

-Z-

Feb 18, 2015
There should be no problem with the substance. I have done this myself in the past and turned out fine once I got around to using it.

any idea if there's a way to figure out how it would be dosed now? Like X amount of gel = X amount of powder?

powders101

AnaSCI VET
Sep 21, 2007
The LAB
There is a thread in here somewhere posted by me or someone else that explains it. Don't remember exactly where though?

BEASTZ6

Jan 31, 2013
I left some Deca powder in the heat too long and it turned blackish goo. I suspect it is loaded with bacteria or fungus or ??

adammac

Jul 1, 2013
Just bust up the hardened test powder and weight it out 2.5 grams for 10ml of test 250. Ive done it plenty of times. My deca powder is always a solid brick. Smells like strong ass soap!!!

khungus03

Jun 2, 2013
Just bust up the hardened test powder and weight it out 2.5 grams for 10ml of test 250. Ive done it plenty of times. My deca powder is always a solid brick. Smells like strong ass soap!!!

^^^This, just break it up into smaller chunks and put them on the scale to get the amount needed.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
When you think of it- the whole process would kill the bacteria mold germs and so on
Crazy the deca turns black and the others don't