©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

reuse drawing needle?

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
For sterile purposes, I wouldn't chance it. Buy more....They are cheap.

W

wolfyEVH

SuperFly said:
For sterile purposes, I wouldn't chance it. Buy more....They are cheap.

agree.....they cost pennies anyways. I bought 100 3 cc syringes with 100 20g pins and 100 25g pins for like 30 bucks.

Diesel

AnaSCI's GridIron God
Jan 30, 2005
Ghetto
not to mention there is a pic of what i needle looks like after about 6 uses...dont seem like it would go through that rubber to nicley any more.

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
Yeah, no use taking chances, plus it wears it down. i been there before where i may have reused my own, actually i know i did.

P

pincrusher

the other issue with reusing a needle to draw out the product is that it will start to really tear up the rubber stopper and risk having pieces of rubber fall into the gear. this would cause you to have to get a fresh sterile empty vial and a whatmann filter and filter all the remaining gear into the new sterile vial, which will cost you funds and time while doing it. not worth it considering the cost of 100 extra 18g pinzs is less than the cost of a sterile vial & whatmann filter plus a 10ml syringe to help do the transfer with.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
You can use the same pin that you draw with to inject if you like, but never reuse a draw needle to draw again at a later time.