©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Intro

21.5GUNS

Apr 5, 2005
Hi everybody 21.5GUNS here, I just wanted to say thanks to AnaSCI for the great site and the great opportunities offered here.

I've been hoisting weights since I was 14 and after 16 years of training and eating I have been able to sort through the BS and found out the keys to true growth and lean body mass. I am a multi certified trainer and enjoy helping others reach their goals. Please note I am not in any way trying to promote my business but merely letting others know that if you need any direction in training or diet I would be glad to help for free. I don't mind dispensing advice to those who are serious about their goals like myself.

I am currently training for the Mr. New Hampshire title coming up at the end of this year. My buddy won it two years ago and I'm looking to even things up between us. If allowed I would like to share some photos as I progress.

Remember your only in the gym for 1-2 hours what you do the other 22 will have a profound effect upon your physique.

Kick ass everybody.

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
I read your a multi certified trainer?? What do you know about back injuries/ post surgery lifting? I might have some questions for you, if you don't mind. Clint

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
About 6 years ago now, i had 2 disk removed and replaced with bone from my hip. These are the last two lubar disk L 4,5 to the sacrum. The surgery was a lamenactomy (fusion). How safe is it to squat or deadlift. I fucked my back up last year deadlifting, i got up to 335 for ten, i knew on the last set i should have set the bar down and i didn't. I stopped squatting and deadlifting for the rest of the year. I've started lifting again this year but i'm taking it easy on the dls and squats. Do you have any suggestions on strenthening my lower back so that i can lift safer. Don't tell me to stop lifting, the doctors said i shouldn't even be bricklaying anymore. I'm a stubborn sob. Thanks, Clint

21.5GUNS

Apr 5, 2005
My advice to you is to concentrate on your core.If you strengthen your abdominal muscles it will help suck your spine in therefore stabilizing your entire trunk and midsection. Without strong abdominals you will be putting the majority of dl and squat stress on your lumbar region. This may not be what you want to hear but try doing some yoga poses at home. This will really help you in developing static strength within the core and will help blood flow to the low back region not to mention the benefit of stretching out your erector spinae and quadratus lumborum (the muscles responsible for lateral flexion in the low back). I would still keep the squats and deadlifts but keep the weight low and emphasize range of motion, tight form and solid contractions at the peak of each exercise. Make up for low weight in these exercises by going heavy in isolation movements such as extensions, leg curls, and pullups, cable rows and shrugs. Train smart and listen to your body if it doesn't feel right it probably isn't. I would also reccomend icing down your back particulary after doing dl and squats. If you try the yoga go slow, it's more challenging than most bb's think. Good luck.

Clint1

Mar 26, 2005
Cool, i've done some yoga in the past, definately harder than it looks. I sweated more from that than lifting. What kind of ab exercises should i incorporate in my ab routine. I currently just do crunchs till i have the abs fatigued. Clint

21.5GUNS

Apr 5, 2005
Do yourself a favor and get a physio ball or swiss ball. You can buy them nowadays at WalMart. They are designed to conform to your back and will give you the necessary support to do a variety of core exercises. It's difficult for me to explain all the movements so I would advise you to purchase a video in regard to using the ball for ab training. Concentrate on low ab movements as well since these are often the missing link for overall core strength. Leg raises, hip roll, hip press ups, scissor kicks are but a few low ab movements (you may or may not recognize these exercises) but if you pick up a decent video it should provide you with a plethora of decent moves. If you don't have any success finding a video I can send you in the right direction.

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
good to have you here , sounds like you have a lot to contribute and I look forward to reading your advice.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
21.5GUNS said:
My advice to you is to concentrate on your core.If you strengthen your abdominal muscles it will help suck your spine in therefore stabilizing your entire trunk and midsection. Without strong abdominals you will be putting the majority of dl and squat stress on your lumbar region.

I would still keep the squats and deadlifts but keep the weight low and emphasize range of motion, tight form and solid contractions at the peak of each exercise.

Make up for low weight in these exercises by going heavy in isolation movements such as extensions, leg curls, and pullups, cable rows and shrugs. Train smart and listen to your body if it doesn't feel right it probably isn't.
That's excellent advice. We don't have to set a world record in every lift we do. It's OK to specialize on some lifts and just carry along others. The longer we can do this safely, the healthier we are in the long run.

21.5GUNS

Apr 5, 2005
Thanks for the welcome everybody. I appreciate the fact that I was able to find a decent site like this and I look forward to all the the advice I can give and all the tips I will probably learn from the rest of you.