©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Finally break the 600lb barrier in the squat. Video

skinnymark

Sep 17, 2014
PL and BB seem really at odds to me...

I want to be strong and look good. With my body type I can never really be at the top at either...

Whenever I focus on strength, i feel like im taking time away from shaping the muscle..
when i set aside my ego and try to isolate, my big lifts go flat or even go down and I dont feel like Im progressing...

whatever I want both...Im shooting for closer to 400 on the squat tho..
youre a madman

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013

I want to be strong and look good. With my body type I can never really be at the top at either...

Whenever I focus on strength, i feel like im taking time away from shaping the muscle..
when i set aside my ego and try to isolate, my big lifts go flat or even go down and I dont feel like Im progressing...

youre a madman

Having trained and competed in bbing for 10 years before transitioning to Pling I would agree they do appear to be at odds with each other. And to a degree they are. However, using DUP or daily undulating periodization is the best fix and possibly the best way to train period.

In defense of program hoppers; DUP revisited • Strengtheory

Hawk

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Great lift bro!

I will be at the expo plus bringing some guys that are doin booth work.

That makes me want to squat so bad right now lol

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Great lift bro!

I will be at the expo plus bringing some guys that are doin booth work.

That makes me want to squat so bad right now lol

Very cool. Man I can't wait!

Figures the only way I would out squat you is for you to get injured...lol.

Hawk

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I tried to watch the vidio and allI got was sound-nothing else
I need to see it man- I am hoping to be able to squat again- love the feeling- so much fun to jump in with big guys and rep out with the max. You must see it a lot-guys put on 405 and go half way down for 1 or 2 reps and think they are bad ass. We pit on 600 and 700 lbs and they don't know what to think. We had on 1100 for my budy- every one in the gym was sitting and watching- he got it for 1 before that he got 960 for 8 full deep reps- he is also 6' 4" and 280+
Was fun to watch and great to train with him- little tough- me short as hell and him tall

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
That is awesome! I've never seen anyone squat those numbers anywhere
in 35 yrs of hardcore iron pits . That is badass !
I can't wait to tell my buddy in this video to hanger up! He was thinking he would get the all time record raw squat at spf in august. shit his little squat in this video is only a 75 lbs higher for a single than your buds deep 960 x8!
I would love to stick that 960x 8 in his face if you have some video.Y
What the heck federation did this guy lift in? man just when you think you have seen it all! Post up the vids . this will be awesome![ame]https://youtu.be/84pgqx4XEUY[/ame]
Thanks for posting..!.. TURBOBUSA..........

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Turbobusa - I sent you a pm
Wasn't sure if the guy would want me to post him up here
He was in the USAWA

Chicken halk- If I can get my ass back in and work around my injeries-I am coming over to squat with you- Is there a way you can post the movie again
That is awsome-hitting 600lbs man- wish you were around here- my body would love to work with you
They say the only difference between 600 and 800 is form tweeks and the group you are pushing with
What is the world record now?

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Chicken halk I am glad you posted this- am doing squats. Now-starting today with the bar man
If you didn't start this thred I would be at the donut shack instead- one day at a time for this old fk

Last edited:

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
It's so much easer to keep form and ballance going deep with heavy weights

You are right on the money with that squatster!
large mover muscles activate at various points on decent and accent.
I noted you said you area bit older. Small tweaks can make a huge difference. contrary to popular () belief 3/4 and half squats, staying above parallel are god way to fuck something up. Ok to takea short rep feel when breaking new ground. A 1000 lb carefully spottec walk out can really help some break say the 830 barrier for full as an example.
As a general rule though short reps are a recipe for imbalances .

Thx T.

killswitch604

Dec 3, 2013

youre a madman

It can definitely seem that way, but I'm convinced you need both if you want to be a truly developed bodybuilder. I like to work in 3 week powerlifting cycles, where I'll do two consecutive cycles, and then switch to a high volume style of training for a few weeks. Right now I'm powerlifting three days a week, with one high volume leg day, and have been throwing in a few high volume exercises after my main lifts are done on the other days. I put on a lot of size over the past year with this approach, because I've never focused so much on improving my strength.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
It can definitely seem that way, but I'm convinced you need both if you want to be a truly developed bodybuilder. I like to work in 3 week powerlifting cycles, where I'll do two consecutive cycles, and then switch to a high volume style of training for a few weeks. Right now I'm powerlifting three days a week, with one high volume leg day, and have been throwing in a few high volume exercises after my main lifts are done on the other days. I put on a lot of size over the past year with this approach, because I've never focused so much on improving my strength.

There is some solid wisdom there. When I started Pling I did not want any more size, but in just a few years of nothing above 5 reps I have put on nearly 15 lbs. Don't underestimate the size of fast twitch fibers...just look at a sprinters quads...dam.

Hawk

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
That was too easy for you, add some more weight. Seriously, great job. You made it look easy.