©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Quality food is where its at !!

Lavey

Jan 5, 2015
Contest season is rapidly approaching and this is what you need to start doing right now (if not already).

Cut the junk.

Cut the bread, cut the cereals, cut the dairy, cut the grains, and cut the beans.

What's left?

Meat and veggies, nuts and seeds, and some fruit. I could actually have you not even weigh out your food and still get shredded.

I've noticed within my member base at my gym, quality, whole food makes a HUGE difference.

What to do now? Clean up the diet, drink water, coffee, te and only certain performance supps. Dial it in and add supplementation to get you the extra edge for where you need to be on contest day.

twatwaffle

Sep 14, 2014
Why cut the beans? I love beans with my meat :/

And dairy...I eat tons of cottage cheese, whey and love whole milk :(

Is there any hope for me?

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Ever since upping my training frequency to 6 days on one day off, I'm loving my every fourth day refeeds PWO. Create the demand, eat like a gorilla - getting bigger, stronger and leaner. What's not to love?!

;)

Attachments

• postPWO.jpg
    postPWO.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Lavey

Jan 5, 2015
Ever since upping my training frequency to 6 days on one day off, I'm loving my every fourth day refeeds PWO. Create the demand, eat like a gorilla - getting bigger, stronger and leaner. What's not to love?!

;)

Tear it up Grim - I train 6 days in a row as well. I train every muscle 2 times a week. Those who think this is overtraining are either not dieting properly or dont cycle properly. Im around 5 7" 248-250lbs. Still packing it on if that was my choice.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Wish i could afford the 6-7 daily meals of quality food diet. Sucks bc i know my diet is holding me back. I dont eat fast food or garbage...lots of meat and potatoes home cooked meals-chicken, beef, pasta, rice, etc...but i only have a gainer shake upon waking, small breakfast at work, sandwich or chicken plus rice at lunch at work, big dinner, then another shake before bed. Wish i could put down chicken and steak multiple times a day, but as you guys already know that costs $1000 a month. I'm training hard now, tomorrow will be 8 lifts in 9 days...if only i could eat right i know i would grow so much more :(

Lavey

Jan 5, 2015
Wish i could afford the 6-7 daily meals of quality food diet. Sucks bc i know my diet is holding me back. I dont eat fast food or garbage...lots of meat and potatoes home cooked meals-chicken, beef, pasta, rice, etc...but i only have a gainer shake upon waking, small breakfast at work, sandwich or chicken plus rice at lunch at work, big dinner, then another shake before bed. Wish i could put down chicken and steak multiple times a day, but as you guys already know that costs $1000 a month. I'm training hard now, tomorrow will be 8 lifts in 9 days...if only i could eat right i know i would grow so much more :(

Go old school brother & buy eggs & tuna in bulk.
Its cheap & hits you off with extra protein for pennies.
I still use egg whites & cans of tuna in my diet.

Lavey

Jan 5, 2015
Why cut the beans? I love beans with my meat :/

And dairy...I eat tons of cottage cheese, whey and love whole milk :(

Is there any hope for me?

This thread is for competitors - If your not preparing to compete what your eating is fine. If you are getting ready to compete drop that shit.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Tear it up Grim - I train 6 days in a row as well. I train every muscle 2 times a week. Those who think this is overtraining are either not dieting properly or dont cycle properly. Im around 5 7" 248-250lbs. Still packing it on if that was my choice.

Hell yeah brother! I hit back/bis/delts on Monday, legs Tuesday, chest/tris Wednesday, repeat Thu, Fri, Sat, Sunday off. I'm around 5'8" not sitting quite as heavy as you are for sure (probably about 210 depending upon water/food), but I'm leaning out more, probably about 8-9% now while the scale is slowly rising, so for now, it's what I'm sticking to. I don't think 'off season', I'll just allow my fats to come up some and not be so volatile with the carbs when the fall comes but I remain sharp all year. I'm a bodybuilder, that's that.

I usually eat flank steak which is like skirt steak - VERY cheap and on the lean side. Potatoes are cheap, I eat those. Egg whites, grits (cheap) and whey right after training only really. My supplements are not an issue as I'm not using much at all. Like Lavey said, tuna fish in bulk the basics. I'm not eating sirloin and organic chicken and veggies 7x a day for sure! Wish I was!

Last edited:

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Contest season is rapidly approaching and this is what you need to start doing right now (if not already).

Cut the junk.

Cut the bread, cut the cereals, cut the dairy, cut the grains, and cut the beans.

What's left?

Meat and veggies, nuts and seeds, and some fruit. I could actually have you not even weigh out your food and still get shredded.

I've noticed within my member base at my gym, quality, whole food makes a HUGE difference.

What to do now? Clean up the diet, drink water, coffee, te and only certain performance supps. Dial it in and add supplementation to get you the extra edge for where you need to be on contest day.

Im 110% on board with the cleaner diet. Not only do I look better I feel better than I ever have.