©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Hawk's Hydration Drink for those who work for a livin

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
So, for those of you who work out in the sun all summer long and struggle with staying hydrated I have something that will help. Now, if the heat index is 105 you're done no matter what, but this will help. And I have to thank magnus for turning me on to a key ingredient, Nu Salt aka pure potassium.

So, in case you didn't now your body needs both sodium and potassium to maintain electolyte balance...too much of one and not enough of the other and you will be worse off than before. So, I had to play with this before perfecting it, but I have found this variation to be ideal for fighting dehydration.

Haydration drink per 1 gallon although I make 2 each day.
1g water...duh
4 teaspoons table salt
2 teaspoons Nu Salt
2 teaspoons baking soda (helps buffer blood and stomach acid which will help with appetite)
1/2 recommended serving size of Tang, use whatever you want but make sure is has carbs as they will pull water into the muscle.

Now, on Monday the Index was 105 and I worked 8 hrs and still lost 4 lbs. I skipped the gym. However, on Tuesday the index was just 100 and we quit at 1:30 and I had a great workout and even got a good pump...so it helps but does not perform miracles.

Other tips, wear a hat something with a full brim and a long sleeve shirt if you're in the direct sun. If it's 90+ it's not the time to work on your tan unless you're at the pool.

Hawk

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Thanks for posting that CH. We are outside workers, and our company provides us with bottled water, Gatorade, and Electrolyte packs. I mostly use the electrolyte packs and bottled waters, because of the sugar content in the Gatorades. Even the G2 Gatorades have a good amount of sugar in them. Hydration, and skin protection is very important when temps are what they're at here in the sunny south. I have the advantage of having the senority at work to jump to 3rd shift in the heat of the summer. Even at 3 am, we still sweat alot due to humidity.

TLopez

Jan 8, 2015
Tang tastes like shit. But, I will def consider this because it's 90+ and I'm installing underground piping. Leaving the house at 160 and coming home weighing 154.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Are you drinking just this or are you drinking plain water too?

From spring to fall I rarely have water. I am always fighting dehydration. From the moment I wake up I'm thirsty and behind the 8 ball. Keep in mind and dehydrated muscle is catabolic and a hydrated one is anabolic. So, I am always trying to stay hydrated without the bloat I get from that much water.

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Thanks for sharing that. Do you do anything else for the appetite loss from the heat?

I haven't come up with anything else, but this has helped me tremendously. I have some days when going to the gym is pointless, but those are far less then previous summers. This is the first summer I can remember that I am actually making gains. Usually, I lose weight.

Hawk