©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Kai Greene Banned - What Do I Do?

Lon Chaney

Jun 13, 2013
Long time reader here but never got around to introducing myself. Hi everyone, good to be here. Have lifted off and on since I was 10. Now I'm not 10 anymore and it hurts.

Enough about me. Has no one posted about Kai Greene missing out on 2015 Mr.Olympia? I'm crying tears of isolate.

He and his agents evidently wanted a free booth at the Olympia Expo, title sponsorship and no paying union guys (union guys work just about all convention centers.) Who gets that in a deal?

He left MuscleMeds to launch Dynamik Muscle (his own line?) which I believe made MuscleMeds pull their sponsorship of American Media Inc who owns the Olympia.

What's the deal here? Does anyone envision the magazines and sponsors turning on him? Who will buy his line after not competing against Phil?

I'm sticking with whole foods for now. Eggs, steak,eggs again, chicken, sweet potato, oats and rice. And eggs. Enough about me.

Attachments

• Sweet Potatoes.JPG
    Sweet Potatoes.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 47

cybrsage

May 1, 2015
The rumor of free booth space has been shown to not be true. Still not sure what happened to have him not at the Mr. Olympia, though.

Lon Chaney

Jun 13, 2013
free - where did you hear that...

Wait where did you here that?

This site stated his agent asked for it:

BREAKING NEWS: KAI GREENE NOT ALLOWED TO COMPETE IN MR. OLYMPIA 2015 – DoYouEven – The Home of Fitness & Entertainment

Then this site:

"...stating that Kai Greene did in fact make an attempt to pay for a booth and had never asked for free space. This source is claiming that Kai Greene’s request was denied.

Reports are coming in that the ban may be tied to a contractual issue with American Media (AMI), the company that owns Flex Magazine, Muscle & Fitness and Men’s Fitness."

Kai responded:

"Let me just say that I’ve invested more than 20 years of my life in the belief, the idea, of being able to come to the Olympia and to do my absolute best. Despite whatever the opposition, whatever’s said, whatever the beliefs are on stage, off stage, whatever the oppositionary forces have been.

My resolve has been to respond as a champion and just aim to represent the better thought of what that means to me.

You don’t get this far, you don’t get to this point and just stop. It doesn’t happen like that.

I am not a victim. They are not going to break me. I don’t want to speak negatively to anybody, I don’t want negatively about anything else. Let me just say there’s more going on than I’m able to say.”

"Allegedly Kai Greene’s agent or his people went to the people that run the Olympia, who aren’t necessarily the IFBB. This is a business thing. He went to them and said hey, I’m competing in the Mr. Olympia. They requested a 20×20 booth with no union fees.

Now as someone who exhibits at the Olympia, as someone who’s done it since 2004, basically that’s 4 total spaces at $2500 per space. The union fees, depending on how elaborate the booth is, can be any where from $3000 to $10,000 to $15,000. So allegedly there was a standoff."

That information was from:

https://content.tigerfitness.com/kai-greene-banned-2015-mr-olympia/

Really a shame to hear about this the week of Olympia

Attachments

• Kai and Phil Gift.jpg
    Kai and Phil Gift.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited: