©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Is it possible for L-tyrosine and 5 htp to cause a panic attack?

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
I take 5htp for anxiety and it works wonders with for some reason everytime I take L Tyrosine with it I get a f****** panic attack and I wonder if this is on my brain if the two could cause that somehow synergistically.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I take 5htp for anxiety and it works wonders with for some reason everytime I take L Tyrosine with it I get a f****** panic attack and I wonder if this is on my brain if the two could cause that somehow synergistically.

Damn man, that sucks. I dealt with panic attacks before and it ain't no fun. Probably about the worst feeling in the world. I am not knowledgable on the meds you listed in your post, but I would definitely stop taking them together if you suspect that is the case. Best of luck to you. For me. I avoid any type of opiate type painkillers or other products. Any type of continual use results in panic attacks when I stop using them. Usually when I wake up from sleeping. Just motrin from here on out for anything I am dealing with.

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
Damn man, that sucks. I dealt with panic attacks before and it ain't no fun. Probably about the worst feeling in the world. I am not knowledgable on the meds you listed in your post, but I would definitely stop taking them together if you suspect that is the case. Best of luck to you. For me. I avoid any type of opiate type painkillers or other products. Any type of continual use results in panic attacks when I stop using them. Usually when I wake up from sleeping. Just motrin from here on out for anything I am dealing with.
Right on brother. You could be the toughest guy on the streets but a prisoner to your own mind like I am at times. Lol