©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Gimme a break...................

jozifp103

Jan 16, 2014
Really?

The needle was straight as an arrow going in when I re-capped it. Somehow it bent inside the cap and poked through and jabbed me right in the thumb. Hurt like a mother. I swear it hit an artery lol cuz I bled profusely for like 20 mins. Went through 3 blood soaked gauze pads before it stopped. Just thought I'd share my near death experience.

Anyone ever have this BS happen before?

2qc3xuu.jpg

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Yep.lol. Had same exact thing happen 3 or 4 times now. I notice it seems to happen easier with smaller gauge needles...all mine were with 27g. You'd think id learn my lesson after it happened once or twice, but nope :D. Always happenes when im in a hurry. No profuse bleeding like yours, but still hurt like a bitch!

zoey101fan

Jun 3, 2013
3ish times then i learned my dam lesson. 2 of those were with insulin pins, luckily

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I build custom subwoofer enclosures for people from time to time, and on a few different occasions I've had an 18 gauge brad nail take a right turn in the wood and come shooting out into my finger. U think ur razor sharp syringe hurts? That shit will make you feel like you're going to lose your finger.

cybrsage

May 1, 2015
This is why they put "do not recap" on the labels. :)

Though, in full disclosure, I recap mine then toss them in the container. I have only had this happen with slin pins, though.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
That's a 1st for me. Never seen that before. I have jabbed myself in the hand before on accident and as someone else mentioned,,,thats why they say not to recap a needle,,too easy to get poked.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I haven't had that happen before, but I draw with 18s and pin with 22s. But I have jabbed an 18 in my hand when I missed the cap while attempting to recap it. That will teach you to slow the hell down.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Try a 16 penny nail from a framing nailer straight to the finger tip bone. Trying to deadlift that same night might have been one of the dumbest things I ever tried to do.

I build custom subwoofer enclosures for people from time to time, and on a few different occasions I've had an 18 gauge brad nail take a right turn in the wood and come shooting out into my finger. U think ur razor sharp syringe hurts? That shit will make you feel like you're going to lose your finger.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
I put a 1 1/2" x 21g through my palm one out the top of my hand when trying to clean up to quickly when my x came home to early. Very hard to explain

I haven't had that happen before, but I draw with 18s and pin with 22s. But I have jabbed an 18 in my hand when I missed the cap while attempting to recap it. That will teach you to slow the hell down.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
I remember case cutting a box in a supermarket as a kid and I ran a razor blade right down my left ring finger. Luckily I was in the paper towel aisle and literally soaked up a half a roll of paper towels. I wasn't sure my finger was still attached or in the box I was cutting. Sucked.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
My wife is a nurse. She tells me this happens all the time to low time nurses. Hospitals have classes just for there employees to help them prevent needle jabs. Your lucky the pin came out of you before the jab.

CG