©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Workout Question

illinios

Mar 21, 2005
How many times should someone workout a muscle a week. Is once a week good. Is doing 5-6 excersizing for each body muscle bad during a cycle. I try to do:
monday = biceps
wednesday = chest
thursday = shoulders
friday = back
sunday = triceps/legs

220lb 6'0
500mg sustanon250 / week
450 deca / week

HigherStandard

Aug 26, 2004
I try to hit each muscle group hard at least once a week.
I have learned to "listen" to my body and I know when im overtraining something.
Therefore I think it depends on the person.

W

wolfyEVH

Thats one weird layout....a whole day dedicated to bi's???? right now I'm doing back, bi's monday, legs wed, and chest shoulder, tris friday.....but i will switch it up to this in a few weeks...my old routine...you should try it

Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Legs
Wed: OFF
Thursday: Shoulder/tri's
Friday: back/bi's
Sat: OFF
Sunday: REPEAT MONDAY, and so forth.....you could also do bi's on chest day, and have a whole day for back. Try to give each bodypart like 6 or 7 days of rest. 5 to 6 different exercises for each muscle is bad IMO, unless you're talking about 5 to 6 sets.

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
monday, bi's,shoulder/back

tuesday- chest legs, tri's

wednesday cardio
thursday off

friday -repeat of monday

satu-repeat of tues

W

wolfyEVH

TexasCreed said:
monday, bi's,shoulder/back

tuesday- chest legs, tri's

wednesday cardio
thursday off

friday -repeat of monday

satu-repeat of tues

chest and legs in the same day???? talk about goin into a catabolic phase

illinios

Mar 21, 2005
Hey wolfy

I do three sets of each excersize. about 5-6 excersizes. At the gym for about 1.5 for each excesize. What does IMO mean

illinios

Mar 21, 2005
hey texas

How do u do three muscles in one day. dont you get exhausted. how long do u work out for on those days. just curious

W

wolfyEVH

illinios said:
I do three sets of each excersize. about 5-6 excersizes. At the gym for about 1.5 for each excesize. What does IMO mean

way too much.......3 sets is fine but only like 3 exercises is enough. Go 4-6 reps, so heavy weights. Like for chest, do flat, incline and some flys (whatever order you want)...for a total of 9 sets (not counting warmup). Go balls to the wall during your reps, but not your sets.

IMO = in my opinion

illinios

Mar 21, 2005
Thanks a lot wolfy, but what is the problem with going 5 excersizing. Does your body just not get as good of workout

illinios

Mar 21, 2005
Wolfy

Up above you say you would devote a whole day to back. If you only do three excersizes of back in one day, would that be a little scarce, or is that good. Expeciaallly if i am in a cycle

W

wolfyEVH

illinios said:
Thanks a lot wolfy, but what is the problem with going 5 excersizing. Does your body just not get as good of workout

you can overtrain big time......5 exercises, at 3-4 sets, thats 15-20 sets per bodypart........WAY too much bro.......

illinios

Mar 21, 2005
If i do back and bi's in the same day, is it wise to do one set of bi's, then one set of back and back and forth until i do all 3 sets.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
illinios said:
If i do back and bi's in the same day, is it wise to do one set of bi's, then one set of back and back and forth until i do all 3 sets.
No. Neither one will be sufficiently worked because you use biceps in your back movememnts. This prohibits you from going as heavy as you would have otherwise.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
illinios said:
Up above you say you would devote a whole day to back. If you only do three excersizes of back in one day, would that be a little scarce, or is that good. Expeciaallly if i am in a cycle
You have upper and lower back, so this is the one bodypart that you could dedicate a lot of time to.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
illinios said:
Overtraining. Too much training puts your body in a catabolic state and you will never improve. Each bodypart should take no longer than about 30 minutes to train.
If you do 3 exercises for about 3 or 4 sets per exercise for each bodypart and you feel like you can do more exercise, you aren't training hard enough. You should be absolutely fried after that.

illinios

Mar 21, 2005
Hey DR

Can you give me a nice workout. right now it is

Monday: Chest/bi's
Tuesday: Legs/forearms
Friday: back
Sun: Back to Monday

3 excersizes, 3 sets, 6-8 reps per muscle

Im 220lbs 6'0
500mg sustanon 250 / week
450mg deca / week

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
believe it or not i'll agree with wolfy this time. i do 3 to 4 sets of heavy weights for each part i work that day. But im use to it and still gain, so i dont get exhausted. sometimes there 1 hr to 2hrs.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
illinios said:
Can you give me a nice workout. right now it is

Monday: Chest/bi's
Tuesday: Legs/forearms
Friday: back
Sun: Back to Monday

3 excersizes, 3 sets, 6-8 reps per muscle

Im 220lbs 6'0
500mg sustanon 250 / week
450mg deca / week

Two of my favorites are here (look at post #3).

http://www.123steroids.com/vB/showthread.php?p=24976#post24976

I like a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday schedule with time off to do other things on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.