©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

A solution for my Knees ?

workingman111

Nov 23, 2015
Hello All,
I come here with a problem looking for a solution. I will be very appreciative to anyone who may be able to help in any way. I’m currently reading and studying a lot (probably 8 hours just today) so I hope nobody feels I’m here out of laziness, and I’m certainly not here looking to find the easiest way to get huge. I just want to solve a problem if I can and I’m not looking for shortcuts or ways to avoid work.
So, my knees hurt, a lot. I’ve lived with this for long enough that I know there is some kind of damage or condition. I’ve tried different diets, and variations to my lifestyle and so far the problem only persists if not worsens.
Before I go any further I will say that I am in the process of finding a doctor I can work with and determining what is wrong, so know that I’m serious.
If I decide it is a good solution I am considering using various AAS and Growth Hormone coupled with training dedicated to promoting repair as I have read some encouraging things about both in being able to heal joint injuries. I am interested in finding a cure, not a treatment. So, assuming I have damage or wear (I feel due to injury and perhaps chronic inflammation) I want to know if AAS/HgH use can repair my damage and then how to proceed. I don’t know if there is a solution here, but If anyone is interested in reading further I will provide more information below. I just want to be able to walk again without having to think about it, hesitating and holding back.

Stats
I am 30 now. Male. 6 Foot Tall. Naturally lean. I weigh 160lbs with a low bodyfat percentage though I’m not sure exactly how much.

Symptoms
Persistent pain. In general it’s a burning pain that is present pretty much all hours of the day but while I am using my knees for anything, even just walking, It is the kind of pain you get from jumping off of something too tall, which under normal circumstances would go away in minutes to hours but for me only goes away or subsides if I get off my feet.

Creakyness in the joint. When I bend my knees in either direction I can put my finger on the kneecap and actually feel the little creaky pops that are taking place. They don’t especially hurt each time but I’m also certain it wasn’t always this way.
Swelling. Recently my left knee swelled up a bit and I noticed a new pop in it. It wasn’t red, just swollen.
Limited range of motion. Recently, along with the swelling in my left knee I also have experienced that if I squat past a certain point the joint seems tight and the pain significantly increases if I push past this point. Both the limited range of motion and swelling flared up a couple nights after I put in a good leg workout. Before this it was just persistent burning.
Loss of mobility. Anything concerning use of my knees is limited now because in both my conscious and subconscious I know that pushing farther than a certain point results in a prolonged increase in pain which is significant because I interpret this as being associated with injury. This is now affecting my coordination.
Climbing stairs is easier than descending stairs.

History
This has been with me now for the past 3 years. Growing up and throughout my early 20s I had the persistent portion of this problem only a couple times between 20-25, but it went away. I do not have any medical conditions that I am aware of, though, I wonder whether I have some form of arthritis. My joints naturally like to pop/crack. It seems the more I train the less they do this. In the past I have popped/cracked my knees because they felt like they needed it and it felt good. I stopped a long time ago just because I had a bad feeling about it. When it happens accidentally it typically ends up making my knees flare up.

Lifestyle
I work a lot and do have a lot of stress with a full time job and a business of my own. My sleep is not always what it should be and I am sedentary more than I would like. When I train I tend to not go at anything easy which is why I feel like, looking back, I have injured myself. I have had a weakness, I feel, for years and that is that I do too much sitting. My work necessitates a large amount of this but also I find that my recreation does as well (sitting in front of a computer reading, watching videos or playing games). When I’m not sitting I find myself on the other extreme, standing for hours, with very little dynamic motion. I consider both to be pretty sedentary. I feel that going from this into training has been a shock to my joints, but primarily to my knees and has resulted in damage.
I eat 3 meals a day and try to sleep 6-8 hours a night. I eat good food, what I believe is usually referred to as clean, and when I can I try to make it organic. My diet is something like that of the food pyramid, pretty balanced. I may be a little light on fruits and meats. I’ve tried a high fat diet for a while and during that time I may have had a little less pain. I drink about a gallon of water a day. Drinking less seems to make the problem worse.
For the last 3 months I have been training 3 nights a week and have gained 12 pounds which is probably mostly muscle and density. I go to classes that are a little on the crossfit side if you had to classify it, a mixture of weighs, bodyweight and strongman type exercises. It tends to be both cardiovascularly demanding and demanding of strength. I am certainly pushed to my limit each night.

Thoughts
I feel that for years due to my lifestyle I have kept my body in a state of being torn down rather than building up (catabolic rather than anabolic). As I understand it, cartilage in joints regenerates much slower than in muscle tissue. I have read that both Equipoise and Deca are great for joints (because of increases to cartilage synthesis) and I’ve read a few things that say they may be able to actually heal joint injuries. I’ve heard that to do this you wouldn’t necessarily need the dosage you would to build loads of muscle. I have also read that Growth Hormone helps repair joints. This is all extremely interesting to me and so I’m looking for people with experience who I can speak with and learn from.
I have taken a lot for granted in the past due to possessing youth but knowing that now I am fully ready to change and adopt anything into my lifestyle in order to fix this problem. I will no doubt learn a lot from visiting the doctor and hopefully with all things considered I can get my legs back and live normally again. Thanks very much to anyone who has any useful input.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Well brother, I can tell you knee injuries are tough to overcome,.especially when there from overuse and degenerative in nature. I doubt a therapeutic dose of deca or eq is going to give you any relief, plus I doubt you've used and I'd hate to see you go down that road at this point. One of your best options is TB-500 along side BPC 157. I've helped many here with that protocol and may even chime in. Do yourself a favor and research as much as you can about them and decide if it's for you. If so, I can help with a protocol. Also, you aren't drinking near enough water. At least double it and be sure to monitor it to assure your staying well hydrated

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Hello All,

I come here with a problem looking for a solution. I will be very appreciative to anyone who may be able to help in any way. I’m currently reading and studying a lot (probably 8 hours just today) so I hope nobody feels I’m here out of laziness, and I’m certainly not here looking to find the easiest way to get huge. I just want to solve a problem if I can and I’m not looking for shortcuts or ways to avoid work.

So, my knees hurt, a lot. I’ve lived with this for long enough that I know there is some kind of damage or condition. I’ve tried different diets, and variations to my lifestyle and so far the problem only persists if not worsens.

Before I go any further I will say that I am in the process of finding a doctor I can work with and determining what is wrong, so know that I’m serious.

If I decide it is a good solution I am considering using various AAS and Growth Hormone coupled with training dedicated to promoting repair as I have read some encouraging things about both in being able to heal joint injuries. I am interested in finding a cure, not a treatment. So, assuming I have damage or wear (I feel due to injury and perhaps chronic inflammation) I want to know if AAS/HgH use can repair my damage and then how to proceed. I don’t know if there is a solution here, but If anyone is interested in reading further I will provide more information below. I just want to be able to walk again without having to think about it, hesitating and holding back.

Stats

I am 30 now. Male. 6 Foot Tall. Naturally lean. I weigh 160lbs with a low bodyfat percentage though I’m not sure exactly how much.

Symptoms

Persistent pain. In general it’s a burning pain that is present pretty much all hours of the day but while I am using my knees for anything, even just walking, It is the kind of pain you get from jumping off of something too tall, which under normal circumstances would go away in minutes to hours but for me only goes away or subsides if I get off my feet.

Creakyness in the joint. When I bend my knees in either direction I can put my finger on the kneecap and actually feel the little creaky pops that are taking place. They don’t especially hurt each time but I’m also certain it wasn’t always this way.

Swelling. Recently my left knee swelled up a bit and I noticed a new pop in it. It wasn’t red, just swollen.

Limited range of motion. Recently, along with the swelling in my left knee I also have experienced that if I squat past a certain point the joint seems tight and the pain significantly increases if I push past this point. Both the limited range of motion and swelling flared up a couple nights after I put in a good leg workout. Before this it was just persistent burning.

Loss of mobility. Anything concerning use of my knees is limited now because in both my conscious and subconscious I know that pushing farther than a certain point results in a prolonged increase in pain which is significant because I interpret this as being associated with injury. This is now affecting my coordination.

Climbing stairs is easier than descending stairs.

History

This has been with me now for the past 3 years. Growing up and throughout my early 20s I had the persistent portion of this problem only a couple times between 20-25, but it went away. I do not have any medical conditions that I am aware of, though, I wonder whether I have some form of arthritis. My joints naturally like to pop/crack. It seems the more I train the less they do this. In the past I have popped/cracked my knees because they felt like they needed it and it felt good. I stopped a long time ago just because I had a bad feeling about it. When it happens accidentally it typically ends up making my knees flare up.

Lifestyle

I work a lot and do have a lot of stress with a full time job and a business of my own. My sleep is not always what it should be and I am sedentary more than I would like. When I train I tend to not go at anything easy which is why I feel like, looking back, I have injured myself. I have had a weakness, I feel, for years and that is that I do too much sitting. My work necessitates a large amount of this but also I find that my recreation does as well (sitting in front of a computer reading, watching videos or playing games). When I’m not sitting I find myself on the other extreme, standing for hours, with very little dynamic motion. I consider both to be pretty sedentary. I feel that going from this into training has been a shock to my joints, but primarily to my knees and has resulted in damage.

I eat 3 meals a day and try to sleep 6-8 hours a night. I eat good food, what I believe is usually referred to as clean, and when I can I try to make it organic. My diet is something like that of the food pyramid, pretty balanced. I may be a little light on fruits and meats. I’ve tried a high fat diet for a while and during that time I may have had a little less pain. I drink about a gallon of water a day. Drinking less seems to make the problem worse.

For the last 3 months I have been training 3 nights a week and have gained 12 pounds which is probably mostly muscle and density. I go to classes that are a little on the crossfit side if you had to classify it, a mixture of weighs, bodyweight and strongman type exercises. It tends to be both cardiovascularly demanding and demanding of strength. I am certainly pushed to my limit each night.

Thoughts

I feel that for years due to my lifestyle I have kept my body in a state of being torn down rather than building up (catabolic rather than anabolic). As I understand it, cartilage in joints regenerates much slower than in muscle tissue. I have read that both Equipoise and Deca are great for joints (because of increases to cartilage synthesis) and I’ve read a few things that say they may be able to actually heal joint injuries. I’ve heard that to do this you wouldn’t necessarily need the dosage you would to build loads of muscle. I have also read that Growth Hormone helps repair joints. This is all extremely interesting to me and so I’m looking for people with experience who I can speak with and learn from.

I have taken a lot for granted in the past due to possessing youth but knowing that now I am fully ready to change and adopt anything into my lifestyle in order to fix this problem. I will no doubt learn a lot from visiting the doctor and hopefully with all things considered I can get my legs back and live normally again. Thanks very much to anyone who has any useful input.

Well brother, I can tell you knee injuries are tough to overcome,.especially when there from overuse and degenerative in nature. I doubt a therapeutic dose of deca or eq is going to give you any relief, plus I doubt you've used and I'd hate to see you go down that road at this point. One of your best options is TB-500 along side BPC 157. I've helped many here with that protocol and may even chime in. Do yourself a favor and research as much as you can about them and decide if it's for you. If so, I can help with a protocol. Also, you aren't drinking near enough water. At least double it and be sure to monitor it to assure your staying well hydrated

All I can say is contact Magnus he has a pretty simple protocol to follow that I have myself and did help out a lot, but it was for my shoulder.

I've also had 2 knee surgeries and I've made it 3 years now with a partially torn ack that my doctor said I'd have to have complete reconstruction within 3-5 years and he is a nba, nfl, and many other pro athletes ortho. Surgery isn't always the best option even he said that if never be the same once I had a lot surgery. Mines torn right around the knee area and he said eventually they'll have to probably get a cadaver ligament to run from my ankle all the way up to my hip. Up to 6 months of recovery. Try everything you can and use surgery as a last resort.

My first knee surgery was a meniscus tear from high school football and was scoped which I was up and walking within a week. Always get a first second and he'll even a third opinion even if you have to ravel before getting any major surgery done. Just words of advice from someone who's had 4 on different parts of their body.

aon1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
I read through this kinda fast so if I missed anything sorry.

It sounds like you have osteoarthritis in your knees which can be hereditary, did either of your parents have these problems?
The first thing you need to do is find a doctor ,like you mentioned you planned to do, to tell you exactly what's wrong because theres several diferent things it could be.Being proactive with a problem like your doing is the best path but you need to know exactly what your trying to fix before you can pick the best solution to the problem.
If it is arthritis there's non surgery options that work for some people for awhile you can try first that can keep you out of surgery for as long as possible, like said above after surgery it will never be the same, the results really vary per person how good of a choice surgery was.

workingman111

Nov 23, 2015
Thank you all very much for responding.

Magnus82,
I had never heard of these drugs until now and I find them very interesting. I want to learn more while I search for and visit a doctor who's right for me. Thank you very much for this and for the tip on water and especially for opening yourself up to help with an implementation protocol. I will probably be speaking with you.

Phoe2006,
Thanks for the perspective, it helps me understand where I'm at in all this.

Aon1,
I am going to investigate arthritis because it is in my family but to my knowledge never in anyone my age. My dad started having join problems in his 50s but my mom is still relatively join issue free.

I'm going to report back as soon as I find a good doctor and have my tests/scans. Thank you all very much again.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
One nutritional thing you could add is a fish oil, the DHA is the Omegas is a natural inflammatory. I can't imagine your pain, but it helps with the little nagging knee pain my old ass body experiences from PLing.

Hawk