©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Just looking for business input

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
I'm looking to open a small business in the area I live. I was wondering if anyone in here has experience in finding investors or good ways to Raise start up capital. It would be a coffee shop downtown where we would roast the beans on had sell all things coffee related

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
Start with creating a very detailed and viable business plan, maybe pay a professional to create one. Lots of research in regards to competition and market. Ads in new papers and niche magazines and jumping from one institute to the other asking for loans. Grants. Get involved in rotary, masonic, or other types of organizations. Networking is best.

Jan 26, 2015
midwest
May I ask where this location might be? General location! Data speaks volumes. What are the median household incomes, is it a college town, etc

Never know, maybe one or two on this board would be interested.

Bear

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Being the nature of this board I would have to say no to the location. Don't need big brother knocking on my door asking me questions.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Do they drink coffee near you
My buddy opened a dunken donuts down south -didn't do good -my other buddy opened one down south also and paid hot young girls a little extra to stay and he had a line out the door till his wife took over hiring - she got rid of the hot chicks with the skin tight yoga pants and got these old fat grandma's and a guy to work - they lost most of the busseness

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
I'm looking to open a small business in the area I live. I was wondering if anyone in here has experience in finding investors or good ways to Raise start up capital. It would be a coffee shop downtown where we would roast the beans on had sell all things coffee related

If you don't have your own money or Family money it's most likely not going to happen, If it wasn't for my parents my business would have never happened or made it though the bad times
I am not saying you can't start a small business, but these days you need to start something that doesn't need a lot of capital like a skilled trade and start small and go from there
I am not going to tell numbers but I gross ALOT and make money and the banks are still a PIA today and hard to get money and I have been in business for 15 years
Forget the SBA , your the wrong color, gender, and nationality, went to a few meetings and they were proud to say the biggest customer of theirs is Dunkin Doughnuts, up here in the northeast you would be hard press to find a dunkin owned by a white guy and most employees are not either you get the picture I don't have to say what I really want or it will be deleted, Just saying

Also be prepared to make NO money for at least up to 5 years

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Small business has been real tough for the past 8 years if you know what I am saying - mostly if you are honest