©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Can a Mod explain why I can't edit my posts?

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
At the bottom of every forum it read "you may not edit your posts".

And, I can't.

Can a mod fix this or tell me what is going on?

I posted this in the talk to moderators forum but that place just appears to be a graveyard for tumbleweeds:D

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
I generally only use these Apple products. I do have a laptop and could pull up the site to see if anything is different though.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
This board is set up like others where registered members only have a limited time to edit posts before the option is removed. If you have not made changes to your post/thread within that time frame then you are stuck with what you got.

As for posting this thread in the Talk to Moderators forum and receiving no response. You posted your thread late last night. The staff do have lives outside of this board!

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
This board is set up like others where registered members only have a limited time to edit posts before the option is removed. If you have not made changes to your post/thread within that time frame then you are stuck with what you got.

As for posting this thread in the Talk to Moderators forum and receiving no response. You posted your thread late last night. The staff do have lives outside of this board!
i attempted to edit the post literally seconds after posting it. Also have tried with every subsequent post. The option is not there.

Further, was just reading a reply from another member in the AAS forum and he stated the exact same problem as I am having. No edit button...to a post he just authored.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
For example, I just authored that above post less than a minute ago and do not have the ability to edit...as the function is no longer present. I've ALWAYS have that option before. Fact is at the bottom of the page which denotes "Post Rules" it plainly states "you cannot edit your posts". And you t never has read that way in the previous two years as a member.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
"Posting Rules" = "You may not edit your posts".

Here's a copy and paste.