©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

surgery this week

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
My bicep is 98% torn off
On by a hair
Top of for arm has 3 big tears
The looked at MRI today and said I need surgery this week at the latest???
I have pic of MRI but don'tdon't know how to post it.
Doesn't hurt
Just feels like an ok workout.
I will need a recovery cycle with what ever is needed to get back as fast as possible
I want to freek these guys out.
How do you inject into the injury with a cast on?

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
Do you know where the tears are in the muscle? And is it only the muscle? Is there any insertion point trauma? It sounds when you say "torn off" that you are referencing an insertion point tear. But those tend to be painful.

Don't think you can inject under the cast but MK677 could greatly increase your injury recovery. It certainly did in my case.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Most sports ortho will put you in a removable Breg brace. If not, just get as close as you can

My bicep is 98% torn off
On by a hair
Top of for arm has 3 big tears
The looked at MRI today and said I need surgery this week at the latest???
I have pic of MRI but don'tdon't know how to post it.
Doesn't hurt
Just feels like an ok workout.
I will need a recovery cycle with what ever is needed to get back as fast as possible
I want to freek these guys out.
How do you inject into the injury with a cast on?

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I will try to post the MRI pic

Attachments

• 20151216_100930.jpg
    20151216_100930.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 102

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Another pic of it
Looks like a good old steak to me and that's it

Attachments

• 20151216_100909.jpg
    20151216_100909.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 70

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Just be very careful now. You tear it now and you run the chance of getting an ugly exploratory scar needed for retrieval. If he uses an endo-button technique, there is a good chance you'll be in a removable brace. If you got the stomach, you can watch the surgery on YouTube.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Will I be awake for it?
Any questions I should ask today when I see the surgeon?
Wish he could do the shoulder at the same time

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
No its general anesthesia. You could try requesting a removable Breg brace of he's old school and still casts. Wash with antibacterial soap the night before and fast for 24 hrs before the surgery. Here is a link to a forum with a ton of information directly related to your surgery.

New to the Distal Biceps Tendon Rupture Forum?

Will I be awake for it?
Any questions I should ask today when I see the surgeon?
Wish he could do the shoulder at the same time

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Cool Web site
Guess I can't just hide in the woods and skip the surgery
The thing is swollen like a Ballon for the first time ever today and hurts - was up and down a silo ladder yesterday and of coarse painting with my bad arm - right arm

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Cool Web site
Guess I can't just hide in the woods and skip the surgery
The thing is swollen like a Ballon for the first time ever today and hurts - was up and down a silo ladder yesterday and of coarse painting with my bad arm - right arm

I hate to hear about injuries...hopefully your surgery is successful and the recovery goes smoothly. Be smart and don't do anything to sabotage your recovery...you may not get a second chance if you screw it up! The weights will still be there no matter how long the recovery is.

Also, I would stop using it now! You don't even know what the consequences are if you make it worse!!

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Surgeon said- he can do the operation and would like to but -
do I have 6 months to sit around
Second option - brace it - let it heal and see what happens seeing it is not 100% ripped off
3rd option - take it easy - wait to see what happens - if it rips the rest of the way or not
He said I have a lot of strength in the arm still and no real pain - just can't turn a screw driver (that's what Dewalt is there for)
He desiderate for me because I have no real savings - I would loose the house after 2 or 3 months and I would be out. I just got back on my feet again.
He said to try to baby it and see how it is in 6 weeks? If I feel any thing then call right away or if it rips all the way off we will do surgery the next day or so.
What can I do for a recovery cycle - Peps -juice?
I will put up a 6 week log on here seeing how it turns out
I will also have to figure out work out and would like to- or do I just do the recovery cycle and not do any upper body
This could make an interesting thred

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
I see it this way, it's ultimately going to tear with our lifestyle, so when's the best time to get it done. There never is. I'm self employed and was back at work in 1 week, I had no choice. I learned to do things one handed, and with a physical job, it can be difficult. Tendons are like a stranded rubber band. It will never heal bac to normal, yes the remaining strands will form a protective sheath and become stronger, but no where near what it was. I may hav e mentioned before, my recovery was exceptional and I was pulling 500+ in month 4, so it's not like your completely disabled. If this did happen at work workman's comp should pay 100% and pay your wage as well.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I have no workman's comp
I have no real petty cash
My mortgage company won't help out by deferring payments
I have little to nothing set up for any injury
This time of year I have no real work to have helpers to support my busseness
Can I do a cycle of MK677 -Growth - deca - real low test and something else or EQ instead of deca?
only until I get every thing in order??
Next question - if so -any one want to make up a cycle up that could be followed? For fictitious one let's say - if Magnus says no then I won't
I have no interest in building mass or even working upper body now but only heal as much as possible and hopefully make a cool log with hopefully results or the final rip?

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
Ya know, when my roommates found me scrounging the carpet for bits of weed to pack another bowl they wasted no time telling me I had a drug problem....

Do people who don't juice tear their bicep? not sure, but if they caused you to injure yourself and the first thing that comes to mind is just doing a different combination of drugs....you might have a problem

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Ya know, when my roommates found me scrounging the carpet for bits of weed to pack another bowl they wasted no time telling me I had a drug problem....

Do people who don't juice tear their bicep? not sure, but if they caused you to injure yourself and the first thing that comes to mind is just doing a different combination of drugs....you might have a problem[/QUOTE

Shit is worst then crack
I haven't been able to get away from juice for the past 30 + years.

Was it the juice?

There are many steroids that are great for injuries like ligament tears
And what a great excuse to be back on
I know the inevitable that I need to get surgery But
I am willing to try about any thing to help this for now till I get financially in a better place
I have the Testosterone, Mast , EQ , and HGH sitting here already so no money out of the pocket yet exempt I will need to buy the Peps but that is cheep