©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Bellator 149 - February 19th - Ken Shamrock vs Royce Gracie 3

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Hopefully it won't be as bad as the last Mark Kerr/Oleg Taktarov fight. Shamrock actually looks pretty damn good, however I feel this fight will be quite uneventful.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
I can barely contain my excitement that "The World's Most Washed Up Fighter" will be fighting yet again.

I have nothing but disappointment for Ken these days. The dude used to be an epic machine of takedowns and submissions. But when he put Slice into a rear naked choke and had perfect control to submit him and didn't do it, I felt like I had nothing left to believe in with all of humanity. It was a sad day indeed. I still cannot believe it.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Shamrock vs Gracie and Kimbo Slice vs Dada 5000 is this Friday. Sadly, I'm more interested in the Kimbo fight because it will be a slugfest.

I'm interested to see what weight Gracie comes in at. Shamrock has been fighting at 205lbs. Years ago when they fought, Gracie weighed 170lbs.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
It will be an interesting match up. Shamrock has some pretty good size for his age. If shamrock keeps the fight on the feet I think he stands a chance

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
This show was a train wreck! I'm not sure Dada 5000 got knocked out, I think he might have passed out! LOL!! Kimbo was gassed in the first round...it was UGLY!

I really hope Shamrock retires! That was embarrassing too. Apparently he's asking for a rematch...I hope Scott Coker talks him out of it.

There are a lot of unhappy fighters in the UFC due to the Rebook contract and sponsor issue. Scott Coker has a huge window of opportunity right now, to lure fighters and sponsors over to Bellator but not with side shows like this! Put on some solid, relevant fights!! That's what fans want! I'm sure last night got a high rating but it was a bust for the fans and they won't get fooled again with more 'has been' match ups.

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
That was the most embarrassing pair of fights I ever saw. Seriously. I mean Kimbo and Dada were both gased, and I mean COMPLETELY gased, two minutes into the fight. Hell not even two minutes. I'd say after the first scramble. I'd like to think that they were both so hyped up preflight that once they got into the ring they were spent. (It does happen) But I honestly think they were just out of shape. I can't understand how they can even say Kimbo won by TKO. Dada just fucking feel down and couldn't get back up. More like
Kimbo won by PTFO. Passed the fuck out. And if there ever was a fight that had two guys that shouldn't ever be in a cage again its Shamrock and Gracie. Omg it was so hard to watch. Why anyone would let this happen was beyond me. I mean these guys started the whole MMA rise to the top. They were worshipped by fighters from every walk of life for what they have done. I actually feel bad for both guys but especially Shamrock. Gracie won and didn't look all that bad but Shamrock has to be sooo fucking embarrassed. He looked and acted just awful. I personally wished I never would of watched either of those fights cause being a huge fan of MMA it was just a real blow to everything I held sacred.... AR....

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
Well I guess that explains Dada's reason for being gased. I had no idea he had to cut, I think they said, 40lbs to make weight. Damn that's a ton of weight. I wonder how long his trainers gave him to do it? Hell I seen fighters gas out from dropping 5 or 7 lbs prefight to make weight. I can't imagine 40. Even a long gradual cut would be hard. Well bow I guess I have to take back some of what I said. But now IMO it makes Kimbo look even worse. If Dada would of even breathed on Kimbo he would of passed out as well....AR....