©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

How To Train During Next Cycle

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
I'm just thinking out loud here, and I know that it's a try-it-and-see type situation, but I can't decide how I should train during my next cycle.

When I'm off steroids, I train 3x a week push/pull/legs. I've tried every split under the sun and it seems like this is the most effective way for me to keep gaining. Every now and then I get greedy and try and train more often, but whenever I drop it back my recovery, strength and size improves.

When I go on cycle, though, I try and take advantage of the increased recovery and train 6x a week. Seems only logical.

But now I'm thinking, what if this isn't the best idea? If I grow best on a 3x a week split when I'm unassisted, perhaps the 3x a week will be even better when I'm on? Maybe bumping up the training volume is a bad idea?

What do you guys think? If you were in my situation, would you resist the urge to increase frequency and train the way you know your natural self responds best to, or would you increase the frequency the way I normally do, despite it not being the best way for your natural self to grow (and so potentially not the best way for your assisted self either).

Decisions, decisions.

Thoughts?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Depending on your goals, personally, I always found that on cycle my recovery was faster and better, so I bumped up the frequency and/or intensity to take advantage of that. Trick is to find that sweet spot on cycle that works for you + factoring in the diet and rest you still need.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
My training intensity is so through the roof when I'm on cycle, that not only am I capable of training harder, but I'm recovering faster too. Of course these are two of the biggest benefits of AAS. As long as your diet can keep up with training intensity/frequency, I'd suggest more. I mean, it kind of begs the question right? You are training to gain.

But ultimately it's a personal call that you should be comfortable with. And only you need to be comfortable with it.

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
yeah I mean I know that recovery and whatever else improves on cycle, which is why I've always upped volume and frequency (and intensity, and calories...) every time I've cycled, but I'm just musing over whether or not that since my body seems to like 3x a week when I'm natural, maybe it'd LOVE 3x a week when I'm assisted?

I'm just thinking out loud, really.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
If you have found a system that works well for you then by all means stick with that. I would add more volume over more days off training. You grow when you rest.

zoey101fan

Jun 3, 2013
push pull legs off
push pull legs off
push pull legs off

repeat.....

throw in a push pull legs off off if you need to

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Before I got hurt, I was making the best gains of my life using daily undulating periodization. I've never made size or strength gains like that before, off or on cycle. Not saying it's for everyone, but if you're not familiar with it it's worth a read.