©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Bad Shot - Infection

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
I started day 4 of Bactrim DS antibiotics today based on pain and swelling of a test shot from about a week ago.

Usually, at this point, the antibiotics will have started to manage the infection and will have started to reduce pain and inflammation. That is not the case. Checked my right ass cheek this morning and it is swollen up still. The whole thing.

Yes, the antibiotics are good. They came from a Dr, not a UGL or Internet ordering system.

I was also sick as fuck after the shot...for about 3 days. Terrible flu like symptoms, but really more like an upper respiratory infection. Swollen throat, sore jaw, green discharge.

Of course the two could be unrelated, but I have my doubts.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
You gotta be careful brother when I got an infection from pinning in both delts I basically waited til the last minute when my wife said I looked like I was dying.

Dr said if I waited a few more days I probably would've died. That's why I warn everyone who gets an infection the repercussions of getting a staff or bacterial infection. It's not good and could do permanent damage

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
You gotta be careful brother when I got an infection from pinning in both delts I basically waited til the last minute when my wife said I looked like I was dying.

Dr said if I waited a few more days I probably would've died. That's why I warn everyone who gets an infection the repercussions of getting a staff or bacterial infection. It's not good and could do permanent damage
That's why I started the Bactrim pretty quickly. Any additional suggestions?

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland

What did you tell the doc happened? I was planning on saying I say on a sewing needle and it went pretty deep.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I told them the truth because I had two injection sites in the same place on both arms

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
I told them the truth because I had two injection sites in the same place on both arms

Yeah, I guess a cover story was out for you brother.

The Bactrim worked perfectly the only other time I had an infection. I'm not only surprised that it doesn't seem to be killing it but also a bit concerned. I'll likely have to wait until the 26th to see a doc.

The antibiotic cleared the sinus/respritory up pretty quick. And maybe it's keeping this from getting worse. But I can't tell that it's getting any better.

Last edited:

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
It doesn't matter what you tell them. They have to treat you regardless of your story, or lack there of. Tell them it's an infected injection site. It shouldn't take any more explanation than that. Frankly, based on your physique, they're going to figure it out regardless of what you do or don't tell them.

If you don't want to, don't tell them shit. Just say my butt hurts. A decent doctor can figure it out and treat it appropriately no matter what you tell them.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
what is your resting heart rate, resting respiratory rate, and temperature?

edit...tell your wife or whoever to count the number of times your chest rises in a minute when you're not paying attention (don't think about it, or know when she is counting) for RR

Last edited:

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
It doesn't matter what you tell them. They have to treat you regardless of your story, or lack there of. Tell them it's an infected injection site. It shouldn't take any more explanation than that. Frankly, based on your physique, they're going to figure it out regardless of what you do or don't tell them.

If you don't want to, don't tell them shit. Just say my butt hurts. A decent doctor can figure it out and treat it appropriately no matter what you tell them.
LMAO at the "my butt hurts" comment!!!

Sitting at an Urgent Care, time now. Merry Christmas.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Glad to hear you got treated. I had a quad that got infected a couple years ago. I just told em it was from a trt shot. They said they had seen the same thing from injections done in the docs office. Never batted a eye. Put me on antibiotics which cleared it up. Damn thing hurt like hell, I used a 22 guage needle and drew out 6ml of puss type fluid the day before the doc visit to help relieve the pressure.

myosaurus

Apr 14, 2013
it doesnt have to be infected to have your symptoms. it may just be the gear itself is painful.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
it doesnt have to be infected to have your symptoms. it may just be the gear itself is painful.

I'm aware of common PiP symptoms and also have used this test prior w/o incident. However, fever/sweats/chills and the severity of post injection tenderness and level of swelling was in no way normal gear sides. I've used various compounds from a number of sources and have been in the game long enough to differentiate between run of the mill PiP and something potentially more serious. 7 days after a shot with day to day swelling increasing and pain so bad I couldn't sleep isn't normal. If you think it is, may I suggest you find an alternate source.