©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Fgf21

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Came across this today. Looks very promising. In the Pub Med article it says that a fasted state increases this hormone. Maybe that's why some people do so well with it? I found it at a real chem research site but couldn't figure out the dose.

Liver Hormone can Suppress Sugar and Alcohol Cravings - The Monitor Daily

Fibroblast growth factor 21 as an emerging metabolic regulator: clinical perspectives. - PubMed - NCBI

Dual effects of fibroblast growth factor 21 on hepatic energy metabolism. - PubMed - NCBI

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Looks like the dose used in the mice study was 1mg/kg per day. But, rodent doses don't usually convert to human doses. For a 220lb man, that would put the dose at 100mg/day. I didn't check the pricing, but I'm guessing that would be prohibitively expensive. And a dose that size in humans could even be dangerous. Might be best to wait for further research.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Looks like the dose used in the mice study was 1mg/kg per day. But, rodent doses don't usually convert to human doses. For a 220lb man, that would put the dose at 100mg/day. I didn't check the pricing, but I'm guessing that would be prohibitively expensive. And a dose that size in humans could even be dangerous. Might be best to wait for further research.
LOL. 1mg is $1200.00.