©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

David Bowey died

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
He had immense talent.

Back in 92/93 timeframe I was a member of BMG music club. Where you'd start by getting like 11 CDs for a penny and then had to buy a few more at regular price. One month I forgot to mail in the card that said I didn't want the monthly selection. A few weeks later I got David Bowie's The Singles, a two disc collection of his single releases. I thought at the time "I don't want this" and then I listened to it. It was literally one of those times that was a watershed moment for me musically. It certainly changed my perspective forever and for the better. I was forever a David Bowie fan from thereafter.

RIP brother.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
You got lucky, they sent me Nelson
He had immense talent.

Back in 92/93 timeframe I was a member of BMG music club. Where you'd start by getting like 11 CDs for a penny and then had to buy a few more at regular price. One month I forgot to mail in the card that said I didn't want the monthly selection. A few weeks later I got David Bowie's The Singles, a two disc collection of his single releases. I thought at the time "I don't want this" and then I listened to it. It was literally one of those times that was a watershed moment for me musically. It certainly changed my perspective forever and for the better. I was forever a David Bowie fan from thereafter.

RIP brother.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
We are getting old I guess - I am feeling it to - I need to get more juice in me

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
I'm feelin the "getting.old" vibe too. Was just lifting to Chili Peppers blood sugar sex magic at the gym yesterday...then realized, damn, this shit's 25 years old now.lol. Same with STP, tool, deftones, sevendust, etc....and older shit im into is half a century old..WTF man?!