©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

UFC 196 - Feb 6 - Werdum vs Velasquez

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I'm really looking forward to this one! Who do you have? I'm picking Velasquez again...I think he's going to reign for some time!

Attachments

• UFC 196 - Werdum vs Velasquez.JPG
    UFC 196 - Werdum vs Velasquez.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 28

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
What a mess....both fighters are out. First Velasquez with a back injury, then the next day or so (today?) Werdum stated he had a foot and back injury. They replaced Velasquez with Miocic, then Werdum pulled out.

Jon Jones stated that if they stripped Werdum of the belt, he'd fight Miocic for the title. lol.

Have to imagine Dana White is raging over this with only a little over a week out. OUCH!

Bionic

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 29, 2012
It's not even a PPV anymore. It's going to be free on Fox. I feel bad for the people who flew into town, booked rooms and bought tickets. OUCH! Fucking Johnny Hendricks main event. No thanks. LOL.

MR. BMJ

Sep 24, 2006
Yea, this is a lose-lose situation for everybody involved. I'd be pretty upset if I had bought tickets to this event and made traveling plans and expenses.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
The New Main Event

Here's the new night of fights since Werdum vs Velasquez is no longer happening.

Attachments

• UFC Fight Night - Hendricks vs Thompson.JPG
    UFC Fight Night - Hendricks vs Thompson.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 18

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
There are still some good fights on tonight despite the disappointment of not having Werdum vs Velasquez...plus it's now a UFC Fight Night so it's free!

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Stephen Thompson with a HUGE upset! The welterweight division better be on notice. Thompson is really good at creating distance. He has the right style to beat Lawler and I really like Robbie but he isn't a busy, high point scoring fighter. Robbie would definitely have to get inside and KO him!

MR. BMJ

Sep 24, 2006
They mentioned that Thompson has been training a lot with Chris Weidman on his ground game too. His style is beautiful to watch. I think him and Condit may be a good matchup...or at least an interesting one to see.