©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

UFC Fight Night - Jan 30th - Johnson vs Bader

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Johnson's power is no joke! If Bader can take him down early and keep him there, he'll win as Johnson always tires as the fight goes on. However, avoiding a crushing blow by Johnson will be hard to do...Johnson just has to touch him with that power and most likely it will be over! DC was the only one I've seen get hit and survive, eventually winning that fight. Who do you have?

Attachments

• UFC Fight Night - Jan 30th - Johnson vs Bader.JPG
    UFC Fight Night - Jan 30th - Johnson vs Bader.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 14

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
This is a good match-up. Bader is an excellent fighter, he just has never been able to capitalize and take it all the way. IMO, he has decent boxing, but not top notch, and for this fight, he needs to go back to his roots and kick in the wrestling as you mentioned.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Remember it's this Saturday. Prelims start at 5pm Est/2pm Pacifc on FS1 and the main card starts at 8pm Est/5pm Pacific on your local Fox affiliate.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
**spoiler alert**

**SPOILER ALERT**SPOILER ALERT** SPOILER ALERT**

Anthony Johnson KO'd Ryan Bader in 1:26 of the first round. Bader is a tough guy but I think most of us saw this coming! Bader shot on Johnson but it was sloppy...Johnson move around behind him, Bader tried for a Kimura but never came close to getting it and shortly thereafter Johnson wound up on top and pounded Bader out! Johnson will fight the winner of DC vs Jon Jones.

Ben Rothwell choked out Josh Barnett in the 2nd round...this was historic because it was the first time Barnett has ever been submitted in his 42 fight career!

The new golden boy Sage Northcutt tapped out to a head and arm choke in the 2nd round by Bryan Barberena who took the fight on 8 days notice, replacing the injured Andrew Holbrook! He's only 19 so plenty of room to improve. I think the UFC jumped the gun too soon by marketing him so heavily...that's a lot of pressure for a 19 year old!

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
Johnson looked tough!
Pretty impressive his KO stats. The guy comes to fight and is one tough sob

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
Sage was disappointing on how he went out. I think he could have showed a little more heart in trying to fight out of that choke. Maybe this is what he needed though, in order to learn from. His ground game did not look good though. That all being said, he is only 19 and fighting men...pretty impressive to even make it there at this point.

Yea, Johnson straight dominated Bader. I was very disappointed, as I thought it could have been a much better fight than what occurred. Johnson is a beast, and IMO, Bader looked very bad.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm not sure if Johnson looked tough or Bader was just bad? Will be interesting to see how Johnson does when he is put into deep water again. Seems like last time he ran out of cardio