©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What gets you motivated to kill it in the gym

Ricky_blobby

Feb 18, 2015
Just curious to hear some opinions on what you guys do to get motivated to hit it hard at the gym; be it a certain type of music, preworkout, aas, mental visualization etc.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
30 minutes prior to leaving for the gym I drink my preworkout, and do a few light warm-up moves. Once I get there, the earbuds go in, the tunes go on and I block everyone out. I usually listen to metal with female lead singers. It gives me that same feeling that I get when my g/f won't stop talking and I want to punch her in the face. Channel that feeling into the plates and it makes for an intense workout.

And it seems like if there's some good pussy in the gym, the weights always feel a little lighter. A little female motivation always helps.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
One of my all time faves for killing it in the gym is white zombie LA sexorcisto. Or some beat down hardcore metal like Terror. Seven dust is another one. Lamb of god...killswitch engage...angry head banging shit always works for me.lol

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
Music for sure. Anything that gets my emotions running high. Sometimes I watch old videos of my platoon and the memory of dudes that we lost over there.

Also being on cycle and/or knowing that I'm about to start a cycle as well. That always puts my into the complete frame of mind where I want to push as hard as I can, maintain positive awareness of perfect form, and just kill it. Sometimes I'll even pull up pics of some pros and look at them for motivation between sets/excecises.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Most of the FFDP videos, especially the military ones really amp me up. Here's a video that gets me going g every time. If all else fails, a shot of tne 30 before training, don't eat it to go to waste.
[ame]https://youtu.be/pdLogXlpCAc[/ame]

TeK5

Dec 29, 2015
Grew up in a heavy hip hop culture, up untill 3-4 yrs ago I never trained seriously nor did I give metal/heavy rock a shot. Well moved to whole different state met a badd ass chick in the gym that was not my norm (tatts, athletic, tomboyish) well she put me on to some bands (avenge seven fold, breaking benjamin, FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH) to name a few and I swear i get this tunnel vision/energy like no other.
For me music plays a big part as I mentally prepare for my mission. My2.
T5

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Just curious to hear some opinions on what you guys do to get motivated to hit it hard at the gym; be it a certain type of music, preworkout, aas, mental visualization etc.

I just love how going to the gym makes me feel,,,the strength,,the pump. I listen to music when I train,,,all kinds depending my mood. I mentally prepare what I'm doing in the gym usually the day before,,then often I will go and watch some training videos on what ever bodyparts I'm training.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
I just love how going to the gym makes me feel,,,the strength,,the pump. I listen to music when I train,,,all kinds depending my mood. I mentally prepare what I'm doing in the gym usually the day before,,then often I will go and watch some training videos on what ever bodyparts I'm training.

Thanks you just gave me a great idea. I never watch videos of training. Always room for improvement.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
One of my all time faves for killing it in the gym is white zombie LA sexorcisto. Or some beat down hardcore metal like Terror. Seven dust is another one. Lamb of god...killswitch engage...angry head banging shit always works for me.lol

White Zombie gets me pumped.

aon1

Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
For me I visualize where I started out and where I'm going ,never where I'm at, and like everyone else the music pumps the heart and sets the mood for the workout.

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
Five Finger Death Punch - "Dot your eyes" to get things going then some old school Metallica. Pretty easy from there or I just look at the mirror and I automatically start to hate something about my body and just start a mental bashing of myself. I tell myself this could be bigger or that doesnt look right. I could of done two more reps. Etc. Etc. I just never let myself be happy with any aspect of my training. I guess you could also find a training partner of similiar or larger proportions or strength so you could push each other beyond your usual limits. Just my two cc's....AR....

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Here's a little shameful honesty, as well. When I'm doing cardio on the treadmill I listen to Lady Gaga, Kesha and shit like that. I've got a Pandora station specifically for cardio that's full of that horrible top 40 dance music.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Here's a little shameful honesty, as well. When I'm doing cardio on the treadmill I listen to Lady Gaga, Kesha and shit like that. I've got a Pandora station specifically for cardio that's full of that horrible top 40 dance music.
Your not alone. I used to have that song from "the pussycat dolls" playing during cardio. If someone got close I'd turn it down so They couldn't hear it. I have to listen to some technno and trance/dance during cardio.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Man, you guys are hard core. I watch Jack La'laine video's.

I worship Jack Lalanne. That man was incredible. If anyone needs a model for how to live your life, it's right there. So sad to see him pass.

"If it tastes good, spit it out."- Jack Lalanne

rangerjockey

Donating Member
Jan 16, 2014
Island life
Truth be told, when I was a youngster, 7-8 years old waiting for the Saturday cartoons to come on, I use to watch Jack do all kinds of exercieses on TV with a dinning room chair. I think it was 1973-74.