©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

BCAA Crap Brand?

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
ANSI-Pro Series - BCAA 2200

(Free Form)
Serving Size-4 Capsules
L-Leucine - 1760mg
Isoleucine - 200mg
Valine - 220mg

Most powders I've taken push about 5g per scoop. I was given two bottles of this stuff, (400 Capsules each) thinking it was cool bc it was free...but i'd have to take like 16 caps pre-gym, and 16-post just to attempt to get 16g. Should i just trash this stuff?

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
That is alot of caps to be taking...but hell, I'd just use em till they're gone if it were me

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
Thanks for input, and yeah I agree.

*Kicker, they expiration date is 09/2015 lol...just saw this. They're unopened, so not sure if bad already, or good to scarp down over next month.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Emptying them all out into an old creatine or bcaa container would be the way to go if you could figure out how to measure it...if it were me, I'd probably just take 6 caps every 4-6 hours...when I wake up, few hrs later, lunch, dinner, before bed...

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
ANSI isn't a bad brand by any means. They put out a few really solid products. BCAA's in capsule form suck as a general rule, regardless of brand. The serving size always requires a huge number of capsules.

As far as expiration date goes, just ignore it. Expiration dates are required by FDA, but there is no scientific or even anecdotal evidence to show that a product becomes ineffective or dangerous after a certain amount of time. For supplements, 3 years from date of manufacture is the standard expiration date. For the most part, expiration dates are just arbitrary and have no real value, for either supplements or real food. The only expiration dates I would be concerned with are for prescriptions.

GetSwullll

Jun 9, 2006
Alright, well thanks to all for advice. I guess I'm going to stomach it, and just take the capsules by mouth. Breaking up and pouring into a shake just takes forever, ends up being 20 pills I'm trying to empty out and not waste powder out of.

10g-pre workout and another 10g post is usually routine. I'll take maybe another 6-8g upon waking up until I use these things up.