©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

The Biggest Loser?

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
Now I never watched this program before so maybe I shouldn't even be commenting on it. So Ill apologize in advance if I offend anyone or am totally off base but I watched like ten minutes of this show the other night and it just seems to me that they parade these poor people around on national television at their worst. I mean the women are wearing super tight, super small, spandex half tops and ditto with their pants. Its really bad and has to be just demoralizing to the contestants. The guys are shirtsless with these big bellies and saggy man boobs. I realize the point of the show is to give everyone the before and after of their body transformations at some point but isnt there a better way to do this than putting these poor people through that. Its almost like their parading them around like freaks. At least at the weigh in part which is what I watched. Am I looking at this the wrong way or am I somewhat on point here?....AR....

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
No, you have a point. It could be more tasteful and respectful for the participant. But, that's not what gets ratings right? Sensational bullshit, often at the price of objectifying someone else though...now that will get the fucked up American viewership's attention.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I agree AR... It shames them I think and that is not cool. You can make improvements to someone's life in a more positive way.... but then I hate 80% of TV anyway,

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
They used to say Arnold would wear shorts so his friends would make fun of his tiny legs so he would be forced it make them grow...guess it's like a messed up version of that...maybe the ridiculous spandex is to motivate them to not look ridiculous in spandex haha

Last edited:

rodneyl

Jun 7, 2013
Tampa Fl
I've only watched parts of the show a couple of times but, isn't it funny that when they "graduate" they are shown in full makeup, hot clothes(for them anyway) but never in the way they are shown to begin with for a better comparison of what they now look like.

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
I saw two young fat girls in the gym yesterday trying to find their way around. I was impressed how they were dressed (modestly)and not intimidated. I respect that. It's got to be tough especially for the ladies.

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
They could just humbly do it on their own.

By their own choice they're getting paid and everything that goes along with losing weight paid for, so I think there's probably no complaints in the deal.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
I could really do without the really big women in spandex. I'm not into being judgemental about weight, at least I try not to be...everyone is to an extent, but moderation in everything is my motto. That includes moderation as well. :D

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
They could just humbly do it on their own.

By their own choice they're getting paid and everything that goes along with losing weight paid for, so I think there's probably no complaints in the deal.
We all have choices to make.