©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

UFC 196 McGregor VS. Diaz

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
McGregor was gassed. His offense and defense suffered because of it. Diaz held his own, but in the end I feel it boiled down to conditioning.

Hawk

all4muscle

Jan 22, 2016
McGregor was gassed. His offense and defense suffered because of it. Diaz held his own, but in the end I feel it boiled down to conditioning.

Hawk
And Connor came out in the second round talking shit saying I can do this all day, all day long. Then he ate some punches, faded...and got choked out lol. I was rooting for him and Holly. 0-2

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012

Hawk

I didn't see it that way. He got rocked with punches and never really recovered.

Bionic

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 29, 2012
I didn't see it that way. He got rocked with punches and never really recovered.

I agree. While those slaps and jabs don't seem like much, they add up. Compound that with being taken out of your game and realizing that your power shots are being walked through. That's enough to take the wind out of anyone's sails.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
I'm a Conor fan, and I can't stand Diaz, but I hope this humbles Conor. He got too cocky with his hands down and also gassed out. He needs to stay in the lower weight divisions. He's a good fighter, but without a ground game, he is dead meat in the heavier divisions.

I really want to see him fight Frankie Edgar....think it would be a fantastic fight.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I'm with you BMJ, I want to see McGregor vs Edgar! Frankie is damn near impossible to stop via punches and Conor will have to really work on his ground. Frankie is deadly on his feet and the ground...this will be a huge test for Conor!

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
I'm with you BMJ, I want to see McGregor vs Edgar! Frankie is damn near impossible to stop via punches and Conor will have to really work on his ground. Frankie is deadly on his feet and the ground...this will be a huge test for Conor!

Idk man Edgar had a hard time with Aldo. We will see Diaz even though thre are a lot if that are not fond of him still he is as tough as they come. People forget he went the distance with the 155 champ dosangos

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Idk man Edgar had a hard time with Aldo. We will see Diaz even though thre are a lot if that are not fond of him still he is as tough as they come. People forget he went the distance with the 155 champ dosangos

Yeah but fights...in fact all sports...don't work like that...just because Aldo was a tough competitor for Edgar doesn't mean that Conor will easily beat Edgar.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Yeah but fights...in fact all sports...don't work like that...just because Aldo was a tough competitor for Edgar doesn't mean that Conor will easily beat Edgar.

Correct match ups make fights and or games but I think Connar will be to strong for Frankie unless Frankie can out cardio him which he just might

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012

Correct match ups make fights and or games but I think Connar will be to strong for Frankie unless Frankie can out cardio him which he just might

Edgar had trouble with Aldo but let's not forget that Aldo is a monster fighter! Undefeated for 10 years!! Just because he's humble, Dana was bored with him and didn't put out the money to market him...what a shame!

I think Aldo came out too emotional in the McGregor fight and got caught. In my opinion, if you redo that fight 10 times, Aldo beats McGregor 9 out of 10 times.

Frankie's disadvantage, just like Aldo, will be Conor's reach advantage but if Edgar takes him down, Conor will be in big trouble!

Most will probably disagree but I think McGregor's 15 minutes of fame are almost up! The guys at 155lbs are going to chew him up!!

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Edgar had trouble with Aldo but let's not forget that Aldo is a monster fighter! Undefeated for 10 years!! Just because he's humble, Dana was bored with him and didn't put out the money to market him...what a shame!

I think Aldo came out too emotional in the McGregor fight and got caught. In my opinion, if you redo that fight 10 times, Aldo beats McGregor 9 out of 10 times.

Frankie's disadvantage, just like Aldo, will be Conor's reach advantage but if Edgar takes him down, Conor will be in big trouble!

Most will probably disagree but I think McGregor's 15 minutes of fame are almost up! The guys at 155lbs are going to chew him up!!

I'd be ok with that. I'm not much of a fan