©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Shamrock and Kimbo Slice Test Positive for Deca

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Looks like both these old cats tested positive for Deca in their pathetic Bellator 149 fights:

Ken Shamrock and Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson tested positive for the same steroid following their appearances at Bellator 149 this past month.

Shamrock (28-17-2 MMA, 0-2 BMMA), 52, and Slice (6-2 MMA, 2-0 BMMA), 42, were found with the steroid nandrolone, according to urine test results released by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, which oversees the Texas Combative Sports Program that oversaw the Feb. 19 event at Houston’s Toyota Center.

Shamrock also tested positive for methadone, a synthetic opioid used to treat heroin addicts, following his first-round TKO loss to Royce Gracie in the event’s Spike-televised headliner.

Shamrock and Slice each face up to a one-year suspension and $5,000 fine.

In Bellator 149’s co-headliner, Slice stopped Dhafir “Dada 5000” Harris via third-round TKO in a sloppy bout in which both fighters quickly became exhausted. Harris afterward was given oxygen and transported to an area hospital, where he suffered renal failure from dehydration.

MMAjunkie earlier this month made a public records request following initial confirmation that the fighters failed post-fight drug tests. Bellator officials did not immediately return a request for comment.

The testing results confirm both Shamrock and Slice had elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone (T/E) ratios, with the former 12.4-1 and the latter 6.4-1. The normal ratio for most men is 1-1, though the Texas commission allows a 4-1 ratio.

The heavyweight fighters, who fought each other this past June with Slice winning via first-round TKO, were tested on the night of the event. Shamrock’s sample was collected at 7:05 p.m. CT local time and reported on March 1, while Slice’s sample was collected at 7:32 p.m. and reported on March 2.

Shamrock appealed the TKO result of his fight with Gracie to the commission, arguing he was incapacitated by an illegal blow that was missed by the bout’s referee. The appeal is still pending.

It was Shamrock’s second failed test after a trio of steroids were found in his system following a 2009 bout in California.

For complete coverage of Bellator 149, check out the MMA Events section of the site.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I saw this a couple of weeks ago but at that time they hadn't disclosed the drugs.

I'm with Magnus, all the drugs out there and they choose Nandrolone..:confused: All of those guys need to retire!

Scott Coker is blowing the opportunity of a lifetime! There are so many disgruntled fighters in the UFC in regards to the Reebok deal. Coker needs to stop putting on these sideshows, sign more relevant fighters from the UFC and allow them to wear clothing from multiple sponsors in order for them to make more sponsor money. If Bellator starts signing some top tier fighters, then more will follow.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I generally assume all pro athletes are doping, so this is basically just confirmation of that. The sad part is that their handlers allowed them to fail a test when it's apparently very easy for everyone else to pass them.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
I saw this a couple of weeks ago but at that time they hadn't disclosed the drugs.

I'm with Magnus, all the drugs out there and they choose Nandrolone..:confused: All of those guys need to retire!

Scott Coker is blowing the opportunity of a lifetime! There are so many disgruntled fighters in the UFC in regards to the Reebok deal. Coker needs to stop putting on these sideshows, sign more relevant fighters from the UFC and allow them to wear clothing from multiple sponsors in order for them to make more sponsor money. If Bellator starts signing some top tier fighters, then more will follow.

Lol shamrock is probably still fighting cause he needs the money

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
Not that I would know about all sports but I know a select few and I'd be conservative by saying 80% of them are using something. The price is too high for them not to. I will say MMA as a whole especially the UFC has made a real effort to minimize some of it. Their "Random" testing has pushed some fighters like Cyborg to jump ship. Obviously the fighters are still doping and beating the tests regularly but its definitely harder.

Look at the physiques of some of the long standing fighters now compared to years ago. Proof positive that some of it has slowed. Also why fighters are in and out of the spotlight so fast these days and why so many of the long time guys retired.

As far as Limbo and dumbrock. Both are total idiots. Kimbo IMO never deserved to be in a cage in the first place. And although you have to give Shamrock credit for helping start the whole MMA explosion as he was a good all around fighter in his day. He obviously has always juiced, which I don't hold against any athlete, and I don't even mind him testing positive for methodone because he very well could of been using that for pain. My problem is the guy is just a total asshole in real. Hopefully both will just please go away.

My concern is with MMA as a whole. Let's be real it lives or dies with the UFC. There will always be smaller wanna be companies trying to be the next big thing but I just don't see it happening and it kinda bums me out. Don't get me wrong I love getting to see small time fighters on a regular basis and its my favorite but as far as primetime stuff. Just ain't what it use to be. It could be but just like every other sport MMA is now driven by $$$ and for MMA and the UFC that means pay per view. Fuck Dana White and his 60 dollar mismatches....AR....:action-smiley-070:

Last edited:

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
You would think somebody like Shamrock who has been involved with all of this for like 20-25 years would know not to use Nandrolone...totally baffles me to be honest. He is either really dumb, too cocky to think he will get tested, or he was taking something that wasn't supposed to be nandrolone and it was.

Why he wouldn't stick to just HGH and very low dose test around competition is beyond me.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
You would think somebody like Shamrock who has been involved with all of this for like 20-25 years would know not to use Nandrolone...totally baffles me to be honest. He is either really dumb, too cocky to think he will get tested, or he was taking something that wasn't supposed to be nandrolone and it was.

Why he wouldn't stick to just HGH and very low dose test around competition is beyond me.

I figured he was on when you look at the shape he is in for his age send how long he had been away