©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

First time Insulin use.

GStrout75

Mar 23, 2016
Hello guys, I was hoping you could answer a few questions I have about Insulin. I am 20 years old, 6 foot even, 6 weeks out from NPC Cutler, currently 258, about 2-3 months after my show, I plan to add in Insulin (Humulin R) to my regimen once I get my carbs up to max while I improve.

Question 1: Because of Humulin R being slow released, would it be more beneficial to take it immediately pre workout? I will be taking in around 100-150g carbs pre workout, 50-100g carbs intra workout, and 150g carbs post workout.

Question 2: Is there any danger to taking TOO MANY carbs with insulin (ex. 5iu insulin and 100-150g carbs)

Phoenixk2

AnaSCI VET
Dec 2, 2013
I believe it's usually taken about an hour pre workout and then a couple of timely high carb protein shakes. About 30-45 minutes after injecting. And always make sure have a quick absorbing carb source with you just in case you go hypo.

TeknoViking

Donating Member
Feb 1, 2013
Hey bud, google Mike Arnolds Insulin Protocal that should get you going.

This is what mine looks like it comes from the man himself.

Insulin Protocol

• 40 minutes pre-training: 400 mg berberine, 250 mg Cinnulin-PF, 100 mg R-alpha lipoic acid
• 10 minutes pre-training: 12 IU Humulin R/Novolin R, 3 ml Synthetine
• Intra-workout: 75 grams Intra-MD, 15 grams instantized EAA’s (Brand: True Nutrition), 4 grams instantized Leucine (Brand: True Nutrition), 5 grams micronized creatine
• 60-90 minutes post-training: Post-training meal (see meal plan)

Note: Drink 1/3rd shake at the start of training, 1/3rd half-way through training, and 1/3rd at the

I usually have this meal about an hour before training.

Meal #2
Food: 175 grams chicken breast (cooked weight), 90 grams wild rice (dry weight), 75 grams vegetables (no peas or corn)
Supplements: 2 grams instantized leucine, 400 mg berberine

And this one post workout within 30 mins to 1 hour of finishing training.

Meal #4 (post-workout)
Food: 175 grams lean grass-fed beef (cooked weight), 112 grams wild rice (dry weight), 75 grams vegetables (no peas or corn)

Last edited:

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Hello guys, I was hoping you could answer a few questions I have about Insulin. I am 20 years old, 6 foot even, 6 weeks out from NPC Cutler, currently 258, about 2-3 months after my show, I plan to add in Insulin (Humulin R) to my regimen once I get my carbs up to max while I improve.

Question 1: Because of Humulin R being slow released, would it be more beneficial to take it immediately pre workout? I will be taking in around 100-150g carbs pre workout, 50-100g carbs intra workout, and 150g carbs post workout.

Question 2: Is there any danger to taking TOO MANY carbs with insulin (ex. 5iu insulin and 100-150g carbs)

I wouldn't use insulin pre workout for you. This is your first run with insulin and you have no idea on how your going to respond. With a pre workout inject you could go hypo and you could be in trouble. I would start with PWO injections.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Some people, myself included can't tolerate insulin pre workout. I get sluggish, feel shitty, but can do post workout. I even used chad nichols' protocol of 3x a day 3-4 times a week with success. As ASHOP said, start PWO because you don't want to go hypo mid workout.