©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Are orals as bad for you as most people believe? Longest you've ran them?

Ricky_blobby

Feb 18, 2015
I know the vast majority of people will tell you that if you go beyond 6 -8 weeks of orals that you will shit out your liver amongst other things. I just don't see it.

I mean, I'm pretty sure Arnold was on probably an averagely of over 50mg/ Dbol YEAR ROUND for years and years. Still looks healthy for his age.

I've also heard numerous reports of "abuse" with no ill effects.

What's the longest oral cycle you've done?

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Us old school guys would use what we could get and what worked best for the buck.
Longest I was ever on dbal was Mabie 5 months but I only had 5mg back then so you go up to about 20mg at most 30mg back then. You had to have a good size bank roll back in Arnolds time to be running 10 and 20 dbal pills pr day.
He must have had great connections.
Some one like it would be probably free

rangerjockey

Donating Member
Jan 16, 2014
Island life
In Arnolds day were blood tests even done? Secondly, if they were not done most guys who were stressing the liver did not even now it unless there was physical pain. My guess is blood tests were barley considered if at all, and doses where much smaller. Those guys had to stay on low dosages, due to estrogen sides, there were literally no anti-e's availible.

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
Study on 100mg dbol ed 30weeks showed no problems.

Same with 300mg drol ed 30weeks was fine.

500mg drol ed did give some jaundous which went away once the dose was dripped to 150mg ed.

Orals along are fine on the liver, its when you mix other liver stressing meds that caused problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
Study on 100mg dbol ed 30weeks showed no problems.

Same with 300mg drol ed 30weeks was fine.

500mg drol ed did give some jaundous which went away once the dose was dripped to 150mg ed.

Orals along are fine on the liver, its when you mix other liver stressing meds that caused problems.

You will find these studies here somewere.

Www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I couldn't ever start to think of 300mg of real dbal pr day
Wow - that is crazy stuff

nothuman

Donating Member
Jan 3, 2013
I don't know why people still put liver health as the primary concern with orals when it really shouldn't be. I'd be a lot more worried about blood pressure, inflammation, and lipids. Of course the liver can take a punch, but that doesn't mean orals don't harm you in other ways. Using orals year round is no better than using injectables year round.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
You would really be surprised what your body can handle.

Alot of problems happen when people you get messed up had other factors like, booz, pain pills, other drugs etc. And also really stupid dosages.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I think most orals are safer than some people make them out to be. Other than Superdrol, the standard orals can usually be run pretty safely for 8-12 weeks or even longer. Orals like Anavar were prescribed in relatively high doses for children and would be run for sometimes up to a year at a stretch.

Even though I feel the danger from orals is overblown to some degree, I still wouldn't recommend to someone asking advice on the forum to run multiple orals.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
In Arnolds day were blood tests even done? Secondly, if they were not done most guys who were stressing the liver did not even now it unless there was physical pain. My guess is blood tests were barley considered if at all, and doses where much smaller. Those guys had to stay on low dosages, due to estrogen sides, there were literally no anti-e's availible.

I'm pretty sure a lot of the big pros in the day were pretty good about bloodwork. It's well known that they got their AAS legally prescribed by doctors that also acted as their GP's. I've heard stories about Arnold getting "tests" done 3-4 times a year, all second and third hand of course. No one but him knows what was really done back then, though.

Phoenixk2

AnaSCI VET
Dec 2, 2013
I don't know why people still put liver health as the primary concern with orals when it really shouldn't be. I'd be a lot more worried about blood pressure, inflammation, and lipids. Of course the liver can take a punch, but that doesn't mean orals don't harm you in other ways. Using orals year round is no better than using injectables year round.

Exactly after a long oral cycle you cholesterol can and most likely be in the shitter. And your BP will be higher because of them(and it was probably higher from the injectable aas you're on). This can lead to renal failure and dialysis.

vpiedu

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
back in the day i used to get prescription Halotestin 10mg for free from my best friends dad. he had no idea what they were and had giant bottles of them from the pharmacy and i asked him about them once and he gave me the whole bottle. i stayed on them for maybe 6 months and was doing 80 mg ed. the only side effect i had was my t-shirts started shrinking FAST!

VP

Ricky_blobby

Feb 18, 2015
back in the day i used to get prescription Halotestin 10mg for free from my best friends dad. he had no idea what they were and had giant bottles of them from the pharmacy and i asked him about them once and he gave me the whole bottle. i stayed on them for maybe 6 months and was doing 80 mg ed. the only side effect i had was my t-shirts started shrinking FAST!

VP

Holy shit lol.

Most peeps say not to exceed 20mg for 4 weeks

vpiedu

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
i would never do that now but when you are young you are indestructible.

VP

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
Nobody really knows. Its a loaded question. You kinda just have to read what the real studies that have been published say, listen to what our other brothers and sisters opinions are who also live our lifestyle and who have had their own experiences, decide what you feel is the risk vs. reward for you, mix all that together and do what you feel would be safe.

Me personally I have always thought that the 6 week limit stuff is crap. Id bet my house that when those limits were first proposed by the AAS guru's way back in the day that there were no real studies done on any compounds we use orally. I've certainly never read any back then that's for sure. So who decided 6 wks?

Im a huge pig when it comes to running high mgs with my orals. For several reasons really but mostly because its an oral and imo if you take a pill containing 50mgs of whatever your not really getting 50 MG's of it by the time your liver is done beating it up. Also as much as I hate to say it a lot of the orals I have had tested over the years, or saw tests done on them, they have always been underdosed. Not saying anything about anybody here so no need to race to any sources defense. Last thing I had tested was a Snake and Arrow 5mg pink. Lol But that just an example of why I got in the habit of always upping my orals MG's.

Just my humble two Cc's on the subject though....AR....

nuclear2@12

Mar 5, 2013
20mg max 50mg max etc is all bro science doesn't mean anything

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
also most liver protective supps, herbs and voodoo, all bullshit. The only way to stop toxicity is to stop the medication. Even thought most orals are used at a higher lever than would be recommended by a doctor they offend are not as toxic as other meds still used today. Never have I had a patient where we gave them something toxic and told them to take a liver protective herbal bullshit. Just don't drink booz.

You can have elevated levels but really toxic levels are soo hard.

Ricky_blobby

Feb 18, 2015
Right. Like I said earlier, I am almost certain Arnold stayed on Dbol YEAR ROUND for several years and never died of liver failure. And I believe he went as high as 80mg/day in certain instances