©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Dodgers Josh Ravin Suspended 80 Games for PEDs

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Los Angeles Dodgers reliever Josh Ravin became the sixth major leaguer suspended for performance-enhancing drug use Monday when Major League Baseball assessed an 80-game ban for his use of a banned growth hormone.

Ravin, 28, is currently on the disabled list due to a broken forearm suffered in a March auto accident during the club’s spring training in Arizona. He appeared in nine games for the Dodgers last season, posting a 6.75 earned-run average.

According to MLB, Ravin tested positive for Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide 2, which, according to the National Institutes of Health, serves to produce more growth hormone in the body as well as stimulate appetite.

In a statement released by the MLB Players’ Association, Ravin said he was motivated to gain weight after an illness in spring training.

"During 2016 spring training, I came down with a severe case of intestinal flu and strep throat,” Ravin said in a statement. “ I was put on antibiotics and lost a total of 20 pounds in less than seven days. To try and speed up my recovery, I took some supplements that I thought would help. Unfortunately, I was not as careful as I should have been and one of the supplements contained a banned substance.

"I later learned that the substance showed up in a regular drug test done of me during 2016 spring training. This has been a very painful lesson for me. I have always tried to avoid doing anything in violation of the system and I take full responsibility for the consequences of my actions and my bad judgment. So, I have decided to accept the suspension and continue my ultimate goal to be able to pitch again in the major leagues."

Ravin’s suspension comes on the heels of similar bans for Toronto Blue Jays first baseman Chris Colabello and Miami Marlins second baseman Dee Gordon, who were each assessed 80-game suspensions after metabolites of steroids appeared in their urine samples.

Ravin was earning $515,000 before his suspension, which will come without pay. He was likely ticketed for Class AAA before suffering his injury this spring.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Lol, ghrp2 in a "supplement"! If your that stupid to think an injectable "supplement" isn't highly suspect, your to stupid to play baseball. I call bullshit!