©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

More senseless violence

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
This is just plain stupid and the dad has no remorse.

Deadly Family Fight: 73-Year-Old Man Charged with Son's Death
LAST UPDATE: 4/18/2005 10:16:53 AM
Posted By: Carly Miller
Watch this story...

A family fight, too much alcohol and a two by four - that mixture turned deadly Saturday night on the north side. Now a 73-year-old man is behind bars, charged with killing his son.

"He was arguing with his dad, and I guess it went too far,” Gary Johnson told WOAI.

Johnson says that's what sparked an argument between his 44-year-old friend Richard Meneses and Richard's father Manuel. He says both had been drinking.

"They all drink here. They've been drinking for years," said Johnson.

Other neighbors agree the family drinks a lot.

"I think his dad got out of control and killed him," said neighbor D'Ann Trethan.

The details are brutal.

"The actor took a two by four, or what appeared to be a two by four, and struck the victim several times to the head, causing the injuries that he later died from," said SAPD Officer Joe Rios.

According to police, Manuel Meneses told officers that, "Richard deserved to die."

The officer said "No one deserves this."

But Manuel responded, "He did."

Neighbors say the family had a history of problems, especially when they were drinking. But they never thought it would come to this.

"This has been going on for years, and if somebody would have helped him, Richard would still be alive today," said Trethan.

Police were called out to the home earlier Saturday, but no arrests were made, and no one was forced to leave.

"If there's not any evidence that violence will occur if you leave, we really have no way of getting somebody out of their own house. I can't go to your house and say, ‘You know what? You need to leave,’” Officer Joe Rios explained.

Manuel Meneses is charged with murder and is being held on a $200,000 bond.

Send news tips/story ideas to WOAI...
Get local news delivered directly to your inbox...

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
TexasCreed said:
This is just plain stupid and the dad has no remorse.

Deadly Family Fight: 73-Year-Old Man Charged with Son's Death
LAST UPDATE: 4/18/2005 10:16:53 AM
Posted By: Carly Miller
Watch this story...

A family fight, too much alcohol and a two by four - that mixture turned deadly Saturday night on the north side. Now a 73-year-old man is behind bars, charged with killing his son.

"He was arguing with his dad, and I guess it went too far,” Gary Johnson told WOAI.

Johnson says that's what sparked an argument between his 44-year-old friend Richard Meneses and Richard's father Manuel. He says both had been drinking.

"They all drink here. They've been drinking for years," said Johnson.

Other neighbors agree the family drinks a lot.

"I think his dad got out of control and killed him," said neighbor D'Ann Trethan.

The details are brutal.

"The actor took a two by four, or what appeared to be a two by four, and struck the victim several times to the head, causing the injuries that he later died from," said SAPD Officer Joe Rios.

According to police, Manuel Meneses told officers that, "Richard deserved to die."

The officer said "No one deserves this."

But Manuel responded, "He did."

Neighbors say the family had a history of problems, especially when they were drinking. But they never thought it would come to this.

"This has been going on for years, and if somebody would have helped him, Richard would still be alive today," said Trethan.

Police were called out to the home earlier Saturday, but no arrests were made, and no one was forced to leave.

"If there's not any evidence that violence will occur if you leave, we really have no way of getting somebody out of their own house. I can't go to your house and say, ‘You know what? You need to leave,’” Officer Joe Rios explained.

Manuel Meneses is charged with murder and is being held on a $200,000 bond.

Send news tips/story ideas to WOAI...
Get local news delivered directly to your inbox...

I guess the old gene pool just keeps on getting muddy!