©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Olympic athletes get retested from old games

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
I havn't seen the article yet but saw a brief news update while at the hospital. I guess aprx. 23 athletes from the past games, who had planned on participating in the new games, specimens where retested with new tests and have tested positive for PED's. So they got nailed by the new tests when originally they beat the ones used for the old games which are done and over with. Brings up quite a problem.

From what I could make out the names or country origins have not been released but I think it will be interesting on how they approach this especially when I'm sure some of these athletes took a medal or two. Although technically they passed the original tests right? Hmmmm this should be good....AR....

Last edited:

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Yup. Here's the full story.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...-athletes-caught-out-london-2012-drug-retests

They even went back and retested samples from Beijing in 2008. Even though they think they're catching up with the dopers, I have a feeling that the richer countries like the U.S. are way further ahead of them than they think we are.

The same thing actually happened back in the 8's and early 90's, too. The testers went back and retested samples from previous games and got so many positive results that they were afraid to even come forward about it. They talk about it a little bit in the 30 for 30 documentary about the Canadian sprinters and the 88 Olympic Games. There's really nothing new about any of this.

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
Sorry bro I never really paid much attention to the Olympics. Just not my thing so I wasn't aware of the past issues or the fact that they actually went as far as to freeze the samples.

So they are gonna ban the athletes, take their medals, and try and recupe(sp?) all the money made by the athletes due to their medals? Uggghhh. What a mess huh....AR....

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
It's funny cuz 4 years ago we were having a conversation at work about the Olympics and doping, and I told a guy that this was going to happen eventually. Immediately after the London Games only 1 athlete was disqualified for drugs, and that was for marijuana use. Not a single athlete tested positive for PED's during or immediately after the Games. He kept trying to tell me that I was crazy and that they had cleaned up sports and they were all clean, and the testing proved it.

I guess I'm gonna be revisiting this topic at work on Tuesday.

rangerjockey

Donating Member
Jan 16, 2014
Island life
An on going Cat & Mouse game. Sooner or later they will have the technology to isolate any compund/RX you have ever put in your body. Then where do you go? Nobody will even be eligible to participate.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
An on going Cat & Mouse game. Sooner or later they will have the technology to isolate any compund/RX you have ever put in your body. Then where do you go? Nobody will even be eligible to participate.

It has gotten completely ridiculous in my opinion.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
It has gotten completely ridiculous in my opinion.

And it's only going to get worse. Now that they have proof that they were being deceived, it's likely to become a personal witch hunt.