©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Live Streaming Direct to TV?!

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
I have a friend that owns a club...Has a live band on weekends in one section of the club.

He wants to wirelessly hook up cameras to live stream directly to HDTV's in the bar in a different section...What is the easiest, cost efficient way for him to do this?! If he has to he would run some HDMI plugs from the cameras to the HDTV's though...So either wireless or not, doesn't really matter.

Thanks in advance!

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
If I'm getting what he wants to do he has lots of options. Like you said, direct connection with USB to the TV. If they are smart tvs, you could Internet stream using a tablet or phone and Skype. If he's looking for mutli-camera angles and split screens, a wireless high definition security system works great as long as the all the tvs have screen mirroring capabilities and are controlled by a tablet or smartphone. Net gear makes a completely wireless 3 camera system for $399. This would stream to a tablet or phone using its app and mirror onto the TV. This would also alow you to control each camera and double as a security system with the addition of a hard drive.

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
If I'm getting what he wants to do he has lots of options. Like you said, direct connection with USB to the TV. If they are smart tvs, you could Internet stream using a tablet or phone and Skype. If he's looking for mutli-camera angles and split screens, a wireless high definition security system works great as long as the all the tvs have screen mirroring capabilities and are controlled by a tablet or smartphone. Net gear makes a completely wireless 3 camera system for $399. This would stream to a tablet or phone using its app and mirror onto the TV. This would also alow you to control each camera and double as a security system with the addition of a hard drive.

How is the quality on the NetGear...Can you post a link for me to check out?! Also do they all have to run through a tablet/phone app or can it go directly to a SmartTV with wifi?! I don't think he needs the multi-camera/split screen...Only a single camera that streams directly to the SmartTV.

Thanks Mag!

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Quality is very good. The problem would be the availability of the app through the Smart TV. That's why a simple system using a tablet or phone streamed directly to the TV using an Internet app such as Skype works since most Smart tvs have that app available. I'll look for the link for the net gear system. Even the cameras have batteries that last 4-6 months so its really convenient, it's jus to matter of getting it onto the tvs. You could get a wired system but each TV would need it's own camera.

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Quality is very good. The problem would be the availability of the app through the Smart TV. That's why a simple system using a tablet or phone streamed directly to the TV using an Internet app such as Skype works since most Smart tvs have that app available. I'll look for the link for the net gear system. Even the cameras have batteries that last 4-6 months so its really convenient, it's jus to matter of getting it onto the tvs. You could get a wired system but each TV would need it's own camera.

I think a wired system would work too...So anything you could come up with would be helpful and appreciated! Thanks man!