©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

question for the guys that compete or follow it

aon1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
A lot of the reason I went down this road was to set the standard for my kids and family. This has been very successful....my kids now gripe if they don't get to go to the gym....my wife goes regularly and is putting more effort and dialing the diet more everyday...I couldn't ask for better results but I'm not half way on anything.

I really have no care for a plastic trophy but my kids seeing me take it to the point of competition just because that's what I chose to do will instill something in them that's priceless.
Anyway what would be a good amature show to shoot for? I'm looking toward end of next summer, I'm still first part of my bulk up so Im nowhere near ready till then but my current plan Ill be 42 should have me a shreaded 240-250 at that point unless I need to be a little bigger or smaller for the show. I don't know anything about competition and have no desire to do it all the time but my kids not just seeing me compete but being worthy of it is worth the effort I am putting in.

Any and all info is appreciated.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
A lot of it is going to depend on where you live and how far you're willing to travel. Do any of the local gyms put on a show in your area? Are you wanting to do a major National show or just the smaller local kind?

aon1

Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
I like to travel so as long as its the us I'm good, really size of the show doesn't really matter as long as its not a county fair type thing....my gym is a chain gym and do some things but more on the level of group work outs and such...... I'm just guessing here but I'm probably after a medium sized show that I can set as a goal date......I figure I will get myself as close.as possible then if I feel I'm at a point I'm worthy of the show I would try to hire someone to take me the last few months,diet,gear,prep, poses ect.

aon1

Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
I guess to add to the above if say it was a national show or whatever what would be a decent medium sized show good for a first time go of it, and what would be the best size the shoot for in the show ect.?