©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

filtration help needed please

bigskwats

Jul 23, 2016
Hi all,

I just recently joined in need of home brew help and was told this forum is full of good info and it certainly looks that way however after having a look through the topics I can't see anything about buchner filter systems. I tried plastic filter cups and was left with greasy residue around the filter cup and im worried my batch of test cyp may be contaminated I was told on another board that the oil had most likely started to melt the plastic. The gear doesn't look like anything is wrong but I want to filter again before I test it and I was interested in buchner filtration (all glass) with filter papers. Can anyone please help? I'll try post pictures of the filter cup that went bad aswel. This is my second ever brew attempt I made test cyp at 200mg per ml 200ml in total volume with 2%ba 20%bb

Attachments

• Snapchat-3079113692823521126.jpg
    Snapchat-3079113692823521126.jpg
    681 KB · Views: 49

greggy

Oct 27, 2012
Whatman Zapcaps have been my choice for some time now. If ever in doubt. Always refilter. Cheaper than getting an abscess from foreign material.

bigskwats

Jul 23, 2016
Whatman Zapcaps have been my choice for some time now. If ever in doubt. Always refilter. Cheaper than getting an abscess from foreign material.

Will certainly Re filter hut have you any idea why the gear left this residue someone suggested that it was the oil melting the plastic??