©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Rome

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
Here are some pics from my recent visit to Rome. I had an amazing time and it's a great city.

Hotel Pool
iw64wm.jpg

Outside my room
fk4ayf.jpg

Pantheon
2qnws4p.jpg

Trevi Fountain
ips80k.jpg

v7e7fr.jpg

2whmbs2.jpg

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Giocattoli Pinocchio Toys
296kuie.jpg

Inside the Pantheon
i2ilao.jpg

Santi Vincenzo e Anastasio a Trevi (there are literally about 20 churches like this or even more impressive)
15xto34.jpg

xbwopd.jpg

vsc6rs.jpg

2v0iur5.jpg

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Vittorio Emanuele II Monument
30a9pjo.jpg

The Lindt Chocolate Shop (nice coffee too) :)
bex9om.jpg

24oacsh.jpg

Colosseum
2yn1myb.jpg

Inside the Colosseum
k0iwpw.jpg

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Great pics Elvia! My niece just passed through there backpacking through a few different countries.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Great pics Elvia! My niece just passed through there backpacking through a few different countries.

I bet your niece is having an amazing time. Rome was incredible and very different and there was lots to see and do. There were lots of Americans in my hotel and in the city. Rome (like every city) is ideal for long weekends to me so it's a long way to go if you live in the US. Although I would assume most stay for a few days then move on to somewhere else. One US family I spoke to were staying a few days then moving on to Cyprus for your typical beach holiday.

We were told the Vatican was boring by a few people so didn't visit but from the pics I have seen it looks amazing.

Next year I hope to visit the US. Hopefully somewhere hot for 2 weeks but even a long weekend to New York would be amazing :)

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Looks like a good time. I was supposed to go early next year, but that got canceled. Definitely going to make it there at some point, though.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
Man that is awesome. Hopefully one day I can take my family.

I would say do it then if you can book a week somewhere like the Amalfi coast in Italy to finish off your trip. It's not too far from Rome so could be done and it is meant to be incredible there. Please post pics if you do ever go :)

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I bet your niece is having an amazing time. Rome was incredible and very different and there was lots to see and do. There were lots of Americans in my hotel and in the city. Rome (like every city) is ideal for long weekends to me so it's a long way to go if you live in the US. Although I would assume most stay for a few days then move on to somewhere else. One US family I spoke to were staying a few days then moving on to Cyprus for your typical beach holiday.

We were told the Vatican was boring by a few people so didn't visit but from the pics I have seen it looks amazing.

Next year I hope to visit the US. Hopefully somewhere hot for 2 weeks but even a long weekend to New York would be amazing :)

If you haven't been to California, I can't possibly recommend it enough.

srd1

Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
So jealous brother......Rome is at the absolute top of my bucket list....the people throughout history that stood right where you were walked the streets right where you were so amazing if you really think about it.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
So jealous brother......Rome is at the absolute top of my bucket list....the people throughout history that stood right where you were walked the streets right where you were so amazing if you really think about it.

Yes Rome definitely does make you feel. For the Colosseum you can pre book tickets on the internet to avoid waiting in line (1-2 hours). I tried but didn't realize you have to do it 24 hours in advance as there is a risk you may not show up on the system. Anyway we get there expecting to be waiting a while. But there are people are offering tour guides and if you get one you get to skip the ticket office queue. It didn't cost much and I was gonna pay just to get in fast but realized it would be good to see what they have to say.

It's fascinating what went on in there. The site itself is not very impressive as it has been damaged and all it's statues etc were taken out. But the feeling you get standing in there is weird as you know what happened in there. Millions of people were slaughtered in that arena and simply for entertainment. Just shows how messed up humans are. They even killed wild animals (tigers, bears etc) and would set up battles between animals and prisoners/slaves. Then of course are the Gladiators and everything they done too. It's badly damaged and nothing is there anymore but they took us where the Emperor used to sit too.

lntense

Donating Member
Jul 25, 2012
I know this is old, but thanks for sharing Elvia! Looked fun. And you've got a pretty good looking lady there.