©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Red and sore site injection

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
I have a site that is slightly red, very sore and a little swollen. It is tender to the touch. I had to get out of bed this morning to take ibuprofen just to sleep a little. Is this infected? I have some antibiotics (Levaquin). Should I take these?

Also, I think I may have shot a little bit of the rubber stopper into leg. I saw it in the syringe before injection and it floated down to the rubber stopper. Usually it sticks to the stopper in the syringe, but this time I did not see it inside when I was done. What needs to be done if anything?

Marauder79

Apr 21, 2005
Toronto, Canada
From now on you need to insert your needles into the vial from a 60 degree angle.

When your half way through the stopper , turn it to 90 degrees so you wont score the rubber stopper and tear of bits.

What exactly did you shot into your glutes and how much. SOmetimes its a little red and swollen no matter what.

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
1cc prop into my glutes. The one site is feeling a little bit better, but I do not remember this from other prop shots. The pain has been bad, but the redness and tenderness seems unusual.

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
SuperFly said:
1cc prop into my glutes. The one site is feeling a little bit better, but I do not remember this from other prop shots. The pain has been bad, but the redness and tenderness seems unusual.

Well. the Prop can hurt according to the Bro's, but you might very well be developing an infection. Have you taken your temp? I think levaquin might be effective in treating a subdermal infection, but I'm not sure. I would augment the anti bi's with a topical triple antibiotic cream. And as Marauder said, be more careful when you draw your shots my brother! Wish you the best!

Marauder79

Apr 21, 2005
Toronto, Canada
SuperFly said:

Prop is nutorious for pain......

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
I had a bad shot (similar pain) in my delt once I found it helped to put a hot water bottle on it for a bit ,

Give it try mabie it will help.

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
CHRIS 1 said:
I haev got infection 3 times in my lfe. The pain is unbarable. It gets so hot and you have a constant feaver. I drained my abses myself. I do not think you are at this point. A normal person would go to the doctor if he had an abses but I dont like them. I just stick a 10 cc needle ito the infected area and draw the puss out. It is the most disgusting thing and it smell so bad.

That is badass.

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
Well I went to the clinic yesterday because I was swelling more and getting red streaks , and that doc kept asking about IV/IM drug history. I didn't divulge crap, but she knew. She wanted to do a blood test, but all the test kits at the clinic were expired and she wanted me to go to a lab, but the lab was only open to the public Monday through Saturday, so I would have had to wait until today. I told her I knew it was an infection of some sort and I wanted to get started on antibiotics. I had already been taking a few levaquin I had leftover from another ordeal. She agreed since it was such a pain in the ass for me, that she would get me started on the anti-b's, but she really wanted me to take a blood test. I know what she wanted....She wanted to see what was really in my system. Anyways, got more levaquin...higher dose. I hope it goes away.

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
Read streaks are a deffinate sign of infection my friend. Watch the streaks! if the get longer, it could be a sigh of blood poisoning. She should have given you a dose of anti bi's right in the glute on the spot! Can't believe she didn't.

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
Freejay said:
Read streaks are a deffinate sign of infection my friend. Watch the streaks! if the get longer, it could be a sigh of blood poisoning. She should have given you a dose of anti bi's right in the glute on the spot! Can't believe she didn't.

Care Now clinics usually give me a shot every time I go there for any reason. I do not know why they did not this time. I wanted to ask for one, but with her probing me about needles anyways, I did not want to come off as a junkie begging to pe poked.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
In addition to everything else, everyone should have additional stoppers on hand. They are cheap. When the stopper on your vial starts getting chewed up you can replace it with a new one and reduce the chance of floaters in your stuff.

fishcommiss

Apr 11, 2005
You probably know this already, but just google "injections" and you'll get several sites that can help you with the spot and future injections. Or if you go to the sources page, there is some reading you can do regarding injections. I'm sure that's useless information, but I want to boast my numbers :D

l3i0hazard

Feb 9, 2005
blah
I went through a similar thing...

while on prop...The first time was really bad in terms of pain but there was only a tiny little bit of redness...The second time, now, I had a lot of red show up in my legs...like an 8"x4" red splotchy area...it was tender to the touch and it hurt but it had to be an irritation of some kind not an infection. I was uneasy for a little while but after the first week the redness went away as my system got used to it. I found that if I ran or did some biking it would lessen the pain in addition to taking iburprofen or naproxum sodium before going to bed...I've been on prop now for 5 weeks and there really isn't any real pain anymore...

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
l3i0hazard said:
while on prop...The first time was really bad in terms of pain but there was only a tiny little bit of redness...The second time, now, I had a lot of red show up in my legs...like an 8"x4" red splotchy area...it was tender to the touch and it hurt but it had to be an irritation of some kind not an infection. I was uneasy for a little while but after the first week the redness went away as my system got used to it. I found that if I ran or did some biking it would lessen the pain in addition to taking iburprofen or naproxum sodium before going to bed...I've been on prop now for 5 weeks and there really isn't any real pain anymore...

Thanks. Mine has gone away too, but I do think it was abcessed. I took levaquin 500 for 6 days and it got better. I was getting little red streaks and my veins looked vericose around the site. Lots better now though. I tried to wait it out, but when the streaks came, I had to go to the doc. At least I had some anti-b's already, and they were enough. The doc gave me some more, in a higher dose, and I can use them later as needed :) . I have been on prop for about 4 weeks now, and I have adjusted to the issues with prop, but the swollen redness and streaks were a little more than I was used to.

Prop is kinda cool. I flexed my ass for my wife yesterday and there was a huge prop lump on my ass cheek. It freaked her out. That was cool.

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
There must be something with this bottle of prop. The fist bottle wasn't nearly as bad as this. It did hurt, but I thought I was getting used to it. I finished that bottle and started in on the 2nd. I have had more problems with this bottle. F*cking huge ass lumps and red as hell. It goes away after a week on its own though. I have not taken anymore antibiotics. I hope the next bottle is a little easier on me.

Do you think there may be slight differences in the amount of BE and BA that are causing different reactions between the bottles?