©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Best Original Series you've watched?

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Maybe there is a thread on this elsewhere but I did not come across it, but as TV junkie the wife and I watch too much boob tube. That being what it is I thought I would start a thread on some shows we have truly enjoyed.

The most recent and favorite so far is " Stranger Things". Its kind of like Goonies meets ET. If you liked Super8 you'll love this. Only one season so far, but 5/5

The next also on Netflix would be "Bloodline". Two seasons here, but a drama about the perfect family in the Florida Keys who cover up some serious crimes to protect each other and the family name. 5/5

"Bosch" available free with Prime is a series based on the Michael Conelly novels. I have read a few books which are great, the show is pretty good although doesnt follows the books exactly. 4/5

"Damages" this one is a bit older drama but has some excellent acting and several seasons of intrigue. It revovles around a young female laywer who takes a job for a extremely succesful attorney who has sold here soul so to speak for her own success. She has to decide if what she is willing to sacrifice for her own success. 4/5

Well, thats a start.

Hawk

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Series I've watched and enjoyed:

Spartacus (Starz)
Banshee (Cinemax)
Game of Thrones (HBO)

I know there are some more but will have to think.

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Was absolutely obsessed with Spartacus, wife recorded over an episode once before I had watched it yaaaa it wasn't a good day.
Really liking game of thrones
Getting into the walking dead ....now that they've introduced neegan into the mix it should get really interesting

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Not sure what qualifies as an Original Series, but there's a lot of good shows on TV recently. I lean more toward comedy as a rule, though. But, here's a few of my fave dramas.

The Walking Dead- Maybe the best drama on TV, that I've seen. So good that I started going out and buying the comics. I did start watching the slin-off, Fear The Walking Dead. Not as good as the original; and hated the first season. Started watching the second season out of boredom, and it's actually getting pretty good. It's starting to feel a little more like The Walking Dead.

The Blacklist- James Spader is excellent. It's good drama overall, if a little far fetched.

Blindspot- Feels a lot like the Blacklist as it's on the same network. Well acted, sympathetic characters, and not afraid to kill off major characters. They push a few boundaries that network drama usually doesn't like to tread near. Also a little far fetched, and if you have a military or law enforcement background you'll have to stop yourself from saying WTF? out loud at times. But if you can get past the things that are "wrong" it's still a decent show.

Feed the Beast on AMC- Really good personal drama. Stars David Schwimmer, whom I generally dislike, but if I'm honest he's really good in this. It's about as far away from Friends as it gets. Well written, very compelling, and characters that are deep and multifaceted. The first 2-3 episodes are a little slow, but that actually helps to develop the characters, and you'll appreciate it later as the story line takes some turns and the big picture starts to come a little more into focus.

Preacher, also on AMC- another drama adopted from a graphic novel. My g/f started watching it, and I've only seen a few episodes, but I'm going to binge the first season as soon as it hits Netflix. What I've seen of it is really good, so far.

I'm sure there's a few more that I can't think of off the top of my head. I'll update when I come up with more.

Jonny

Dec 6, 2014
Prime- Hand of god- With Ron pearlman.
HBO - Game of thrones. Sucks we got to wait till next summer to see next season.
Netflix- stranger things. Totally like it. It gave that 80s feel. Reminded me of goonies. Heard they maybe making more.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
You guys must not have kids

Not that anyone has told me about. Plus I only work every third day. And I do nothing 99% of the time at work, so I get to watch a lot of TV there, too. It's a tough life, but someone has to do it.

Phoenixk2

AnaSCI VET
Dec 2, 2013
Maybe there is a thread on this elsewhere but I did not come across it, but as TV junkie the wife and I watch too much boob tube. That being what it is I thought I would start a thread on some shows we have truly enjoyed.

The most recent and favorite so far is " Stranger Things". Its kind of like Goonies meets ET. If you liked Super8 you'll love this. Only one season so far, but 5/5

The next also on Netflix would be "Bloodline". Two seasons here, but a drama about the perfect family in the Florida Keys who cover up some serious crimes to protect each other and the family name. 5/5

"Bosch" available free with Prime is a series based on the Michael Conelly novels. I have read a few books which are great, the show is pretty good although doesnt follows the books exactly. 4/5

"Damages" this one is a bit older drama but has some excellent acting and several seasons of intrigue. It revovles around a young female laywer who takes a job for a extremely succesful attorney who has sold here soul so to speak for her own success. She has to decide if what she is willing to sacrifice for her own success. 4/5

Well, thats a start.

Hawk

Me and the wife were totally hooked on Damages too.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
You guys must not have kids

Got 3 18,17 and 14. Never had time for tv but now I have one graduated another is a senior so that leaves one who still kinda wants to/tolerates gis parents. We live 2 mins from the high school so we have a lot more freedom these days.

Hawk

srd1

Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Vikings
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Boardwalk Empire
Mr. Robot

Fuck me forgot about vikings obsessed with that series can't wait for it to come back end of last season was a cliffhanger from hell wonder what's gonna happen now that the king has returned?

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
Breaking Bad, Better call Saul, andand my personal favorite, Sons of Anarchy....AR....

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Fuck me forgot about vikings obsessed with that series can't wait for it to come back end of last season was a cliffhanger from hell wonder what's gonna happen now that the king has returned?

Just started vikings and while love it the wife is just so..so. Glad I still have several seasons left.

Breaking Bad, Better call Saul, andand my personal favorite, Sons of Anarchy....AR....

SOA was awesome although not super stoked about how it ended. But, I guess it was based on Hamlet so there you go.

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Did anyone mention Dexter? That was pretty cool.

Just started watching Ripper Street..a BBC original..free if you have prime. Pretty darn good if you can get through the British accents.

Hawk

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
Forgot about Dexter!!!! Really good series for sure. His sister(wife now x wife in real life) had some bad ass abs too!!!! ....AR....