©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Something to think about.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I was talking to an acquaintance a while ago about a few things, and he hit me with a quote that really struck me. I'd heard it before, a long time ago, but this time it really stuck in my head and has been slowly eating at me. Maybe I'm old enough to do finally appreciate the message

"The greatest failure in life sits in the gap between knowing and doing."

It's from John Maxwell, if I'm not mistaken, and is somewhat paraphrased. But, ultimately the sentiment rings true. It's really given me pause to think about myself and my life, and to reevaluate things. How many times have I plowed head first into something, when I knew better? Why do I have such a hard time taking my own advice?

At this point I have more questions than answers. Turning the mirror around and looking at yourself and honestly evaluating who you are can be the hardest thing to do in life. Maybe we're all programmed to believe our own bullshit, or maybe it's just easier. I know that over the last few years I've become too eager to travel down the path of least resistance.

I just wanted to throw something out there for the guys on this board. Maybe it's bullshit, or maybe it's helpfull. You get to make that decision for yourself.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I think its important for us to be honest with ourselves. Often the truth hurts and like you said,,its just easier sometimes to believe something different. I try to be a realist as much as possible,,i think if you don't your just short changing yourself.

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
I think most rational people are aware of their limitations, maybe not accepting, in a possible self destructive way, but deep down are aware.

Successful people push themselves into challenging but accomplishable goals and tasks in life and aren't afraid to surround themselves and consult with others who have more knowledge and experience in those areas and learn from them. The most progress I've made in areas of my life have come by being honest with myself, learning from my mistakes and heeding the advice of others who have been there and done that with success.