©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

How to find a real massage therapist?

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Can anyone give me some tips on how to search for a serious massage therapist? I don't really know what to search for, and the places that are coming up just seem like places that chicks go to for a relaxing spa day. I just spent an hour and a half at the chick that my g/f goes to and I literally feel exactly like I did when I went in, just covered in fucking oil. If anything, my lower back might actually hurt more from laying on that damn table. This chick was talking about stagnant blood and reflexology, and I nearly walked out before we even started. I don't tolerate pseudoscience and new-age voodoo well.

I've got some herniated disks in my lumbar that I want some work on, as well as one leg that's longer than the other and my left shoulder isn't moving symmetrically with the right. When I was at the physical therapist for my back a few years ago he noticed that my shoulder blades don't move the same way when I move in a pressing motion.

So, short story long, what terms do I need to search for to find a real massage therapist? Like someone that works on athletes and knows how to actually help fix problems. Or do I just need to go to the physical therapist again?

Robertftw

Aug 10, 2015
I don't remember the organizations, but search for nationally recognized certifications (NSCA for strength training) but for message therapy, and the normally have a search tool for therapists in your area and what the specialize in, I believe they even have reviews.

Robertftw

Aug 10, 2015
Went and looked AMTA (American massage therapy association) top left corner of home page is the search. Each therapist has a profile and what they practice.

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
Rubmaps.com good for happy endings lmfao... craigslist and backpages for those erotic nude massages or more �� seriously though, i think just a google search of key words such ass sport massage therapy and city may help... however i did not get many pings here in san diego that way. To bad there is not a website linked to ifbb or npc or something with a real professional association of massage therapists and chiropractors.