©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Yogurt

Tank82

Oct 18, 2016
Trying to lose as much fat as a can. No rush. I've read alot about yogurt included on a diet. Some reviews say it's a plus and some say avoid dairy. I'm worried about the sugar. I think Greek yogurt has very little sugar. I get the plain, add some sugar free jelly and crushed almonds.

Any opinions?

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Nothing wrong with Greek yogurt, as long as it's real Greek yogurt with love active cultures, which very few of the options in the grocery store actually are. It's high in good fats, low in carbs, and is very filling. Plus it has should have live active cultures which are good for digestion and gut health. Cottage cheese is another option that's just as good. It's almost all casein protein.

I don't get the mentality that dairy is the devil. I avoid a lot of it just because I'm lactose intolerant, but if I weren't I'd eat it constantly. Dairy is one of the most anabolic foods you can consume, along with eggs. You just have to pick and choose which kind you're consuming and make sure it fits within your current macro needs.

rangerjockey

Donating Member
Jan 16, 2014
Island life
I use plain Greek Non fat. I always read the calorie content which will give you an idea of what possible surgars might be in it. I try to use the lowest calorie Greek yogurt i can find.

Zaven

May 18, 2005
I love a good yogurt, but mostly for the quality Calcium than anything. You don't want your calcium levels to get and stay low to where your Parathyroid is having to work too hard to keep calcium levels stable. Stable calcium levels are very important to overall homeostasis and is often overlooked.

jamesroben

Banned
Apr 2, 2017
I love to eat yogurt in breakfast everyday. It contains carbs and more vitamins and minerals that are good for health and body.

ThatSickRip

Apr 13, 2015
I was big on yogurt and cottage cheese, but after reading posts and discussions on other forums about them, I cut them out of my diet. I have noticed a little less bloating, not sure if its related but I continue to leave them out of my diet.

lntense

Donating Member
Jul 25, 2012
Doesn't Oikos have the lowest sugar content at 9g per serving?

Non fat plain greek that is

Edit: Sorry just noticed this thread is older than dirt.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I absolutely love Yogurt, I think all the positive effects will outweigh any of the negatives.

Marky boy

Donating Member
May 13, 2014
I have a 170g tub of Greek yogurt before bed with a tablespoon of PB. Look forward to it every night!

May 16, 2017
Non fat greek yogurt is good to go. I have used it for both cutting and bulking diets

Victory

Dec 26, 2008
Yoghurt is great. You have to be careful with what ones you buy though. I don't mind the higher fat yoghurts before bed.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I can't remember the brand but I love lemon and lime yoghurts. I always use them as snacks between meals.

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
My favourite one is natural greek yoghurt by FAGE.

That's the one I like. I had forgotten the name but FAGE is great quality and I enjoy the taste. They do different flavors now and the blueberry acai is great.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
That's the one I like. I had forgotten the name but FAGE is great quality and I enjoy the taste. They do different flavors now and the blueberry acai is great.

I just looked this brand up. Quite high protein and some flavors sound nice. Gonna try them out.