©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Brock Lesnar Suspended

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
he UFC has suspended and fined Brock Lesnar for failed drug tests around the UFC 200 event.

Brock Lesnar had defeated Mark Hunt in his return to the UFC in July. This took place at the UFC 200 event, which marked Lesnar’s first MMA fight since 2011. He would leave for WWE shortly afterward.

However, after Lesnar’s fight, it would get announced that the USADA was going after him for multiple potential anti-doping violations. Despite this, WWE chose not to suspend him before the SummerSlam pay-per-view, where he ended up defeating Randy Orton via TKO.

Well, it seems that we won’t be seeing Lesnar in the UFC for quite a while. According to ESPN’s Brett Okamoto, the Beast Incarnate has been suspended for one year and fined $250,000 for failed drug tests “around UFC 200.” The result for his fight with Hunt has also been changed to a “no contest.”

BREAKING: Brock Lesnar will pay fine of $250,000 and serve 1 year suspension for failed drug tests around UFC 200.
— Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN) December 15, 2016

As expected, Brock Lesnar's win over Mark Hunt at UFC 200 will be changed to a "no contest."
— Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN) December 15, 2016

This puts any future for Lesnar in the UFC up in the air. He had just returned at age 39 and will have reached 40-years-old by the time this suspension ends. Will that have any effect on whether he returns to the octagon or not?

It will be interesting to see if WWE makes a comment or at least acknowledges this. What would they have to say about one of their top draws being suspended for confirmed use of performance-enhancing drugs?

Based on how WWE has used Lesnar, it seems he will stick around no matter what happens. This was seen with the Orton match, and the recent loss to Goldberg at Survivor Series. The former WWE World Heavyweight Champion has already been announced for January’s Royal Rumble pay-per-view as well. So, it may be business as usual in the new year.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
I suspect most saw this coming in some way. But, Brock is a cash cow for both the wwe and ufc. I know the wwe has a policy of not testing their part timers and since they are all actors I don't understand why they test them at all. Regarding the ufc, I know they have to uphold their regulations but it will cost their wallets for sure.

Hawk

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I doubt it effects him one bit. I think with the timing of everything that the UFC knew LESNAR was dirty. They made BIG money on that ticket. $250k to them is a slap on the wrist,,if that. LESNAR and the UFC both have some deep pockets.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Let um juice and do fat rails of coke on the side. REMEMBER THE RAIDERS IN THE 70'S!!!!!!

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
I can't remember....what did he get popped with? IIRC, it wasn't AAS?

It's been awhile though, so I may be wrong.

I doubt he even cares, he probably laughed at all of this.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I can't remember....what did he get popped with? IIRC, it wasn't AAS?

It's been awhile though, so I may be wrong.

I doubt he even cares, he probably laughed at all of this.

CLOMIPHENE CITRATE (CLOMID) is what he tested + for.