©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

should i try to compete

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Log your progress if you decide to give it a run...Be a good follow.

TeknoViking

Donating Member
Feb 1, 2013
If you have never competed before and you are looking to compete I would 100% hire a coach if you can financially swing it. Its good to have another set of eyes on you especially in those last few weeks before the show. You won't regret it. Some good coaches out there that are extremely reasonable in pricing.

Like others said if you do decide to compete keep a log! Good luck on your journey!

Dusty Ray

Banned
Jun 22, 2017
thank you guys so much for the support. i feel honored that you guys even responded and are supportive of me. it means a lot to me. i love this forum and always have.

as of right now my glutes and quads need major work. my calves are though. i just started working out again 8 weeks ago. i took 6 months off. my job is landscaping and im a very hard worker so i move like lightning all day. so basically thats my cardio. i can loose 5 lbs a week during the summer just in fat and water weight. im around 204-210 lbs and around 5ft 10. my diet is crap. i eat alot of carbs, cookies, chips, and candy. i have tuna every day for lunch. im not even drinking protein shakes right now either. ive been half assing it at the gym too and not even training hard. i guess i can thank anibolic raws for my body right now. ive been brewing thier raws and they are great. the reson i havent been training hard is for 2 reasons. 1- im letting a friend work out with me and teach him. he never has picked up a weight in his life so i have to teach him everything. im the type of guy that needs to listen to music to get into my zone and not have any distractions or talk to ppl just to stay in the zone and kill it while im there. talking distracts me. 2- i have really bad restless leg syndrome which gives me chronic fatique syndrome. if i sleep 8 hrs my body is only getting 47 mins of quality sleep per night. so my brain and body never get the rest it needs. im soo tired that i have to take a nap on lunch breaks. some days i get home and just pass out and dont even have the energy to work out.

i used to be down to like 8% body fat 10 yrs ago when i was 162 lbs. i kept my diet so clean also. so i know i have the will to eat clean and will force myself to train every day.

i honestly dont even know where to start as far as competitions tho. i know there are weight classes, and posing is like 90% of it i heard. i know i can and want to do this, and after all the responses im def am gonna give it a shot. where do i start from here as far as joining and entering a competition?
You look great.You said your having problems sleeping due to your restless leg syndrome,is there anything that can be done to take care of that problem.I know sleep and CNS recovery is a big factor in training.So looking how you do now with like you said minimum training right now you should do great.I don't know much about bodybuilding but from what a lot I've seen and read your recovery is playing a huge role.I'd also hire a coach I'd your going to go balls to wall to complete.

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
You should go for it. You'll have to be careful and balance out your work because it's such a strenuous job. And getting ready for a show is hard as hell. A coach would be great if you could do it. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

mytreefiddy

IFBB Pro / Donating Member
Jan 1, 2013
Real simple..... What I'm about to say is what got me to initially get my ass on a stage.... my friend say this to me verbatim... "Sign up for the show.... think about it...what's the worst thing that can happen?? lets say there's 10 guys and you finish 10th... you're STILL gonna be in the BEST SHAPE of YOUR LIFE!..so really? what do you have to lose??..... Nothing"

That sparked me... got on stage and took (2) 2nd Pl trophies.... I haven't stopped since... and you see what that has led to.....NOTHING will get you in best shape of your life than prepping for a show..... why? because theres CONSEQUENCES to your actions... You wanna be up on stage like you BELONG there!!! you don't wanna be "that guy"... Si I say FUCK YEAH!!! DO IT!

tenny

Jan 17, 2017
Real simple..... What I'm about to say is what got me to initially get my ass on a stage.... my friend say this to me verbatim... "Sign up for the show.... think about it...what's the worst thing that can happen?? lets say there's 10 guys and you finish 10th... you're STILL gonna be in the BEST SHAPE of YOUR LIFE!..so really? what do you have to lose??..... Nothing"

That sparked me... got on stage and took (2) 2nd Pl trophies.... I haven't stopped since... and you see what that has led to.....NOTHING will get you in best shape of your life than prepping for a show..... why? because theres CONSEQUENCES to your actions... You wanna be up on stage like you BELONG there!!! you don't wanna be "that guy"... Si I say FUCK YEAH!!! DO IT!

LOL...

my first show.....they said this to me...

"WE entered you and you are GOING TO DO the show"..

I said....OK.....and won the overall.

never know until you get up there.

:cool: