©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Whatman ZapCap issue

Beast190

Apr 14, 2017
I have a Whatman Zap Cap bottle top filter which I am trying to use with a Hybex glass media bottle. The Zap Cap filter is supposed to work with 33-45mm media bottles, which this Hybex is (45mm). My question is, how does one go about attaching the filter to the bottle. They don't screw together, and the filter seems to just loosely sit on the top of the bottle. When I attempt to apply pressure with the hand pump, it doesn't really do anything. How is a seal formed between the filter and the media bottle

Am I missing something? Feel like a dumbass lol.

1bigdog

Banned
May 26, 2016
I have a Whatman Zap Cap bottle top filter which I am trying to use with a Hybex glass media bottle. The Zap Cap filter is supposed to work with 33-45mm media bottles, which this Hybex is (45mm). My question is, how does one go about attaching the filter to the bottle. They don't screw together, and the filter seems to just loosely sit on the top of the bottle. When I attempt to apply pressure with the hand pump, it doesn't really do anything. How is a seal formed between the filter and the media bottle

Am I missing something? Feel like a dumbass lol.

You have to have the top of the filter off and apply pressure after you have your solution already in it. So put solution in, top off still, then filter and should seal. then you can put the top on.