©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

autoclaves

djpase

Oct 29, 2014
i have spending all day brewing. most the time is sterilizing for me. will a few autoclaves work better and faster? currently use 10% bleach wash, then 70 rubbing alc wash. let dry, then oven for an hour at 400. but my media bottle say 120 degree max. haven't had a problem yet but if they break im screwed. im thinking of investing in a few autoclave for the bottles, flasks, rods, media bottles. crimper. ect. might save some time. i never used an autoclave though, any input would help. can i stack bottles on top of each other or does everything have to not be touching? if so i need like 20 autoclave and thats not gonna happen lol

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
I use to use an autoclave. I could do like 80 10ml bottles at a time. Cost like 5k though....AR....

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
Forgot to mention mine had trays that you could either completely remove to sterilize the big stuff or you could slide like 3 or 4 tray's in the autoclave allowing you to sterilize a bunch of 10 or 20 ml viles at a time. For me at that time it was well worth the money because I could do a bunch of viles in no time and when they came out they were crystal clear which gave me piece of mind. Wish I still had it cause I would of just gave it to you. It paid for itself ten times over. Fucker weighed a ton though....AR....

djpase

Oct 29, 2014
damn bro i really would have appreciated it it soo much. i have seen some steam ones on ebay and amazon for $300 or so. but i know u cant have anything touching which is which is where ur shelves would have came in perfect . thx for the info and offer bro, def well much appreciated ar

khungus03

Jun 2, 2013
Pressure cooker. Same thing.

Exactly. You can pick up a stove top pressure cooker for $30 and it does essentially the same thing. I put a small wire rack from a flavorwave infrared oven in it and set bottles/vials on top of that so their not in direct contact with the heated surface.

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
Autoclave for a big operation. Otherwise it would be a waste of $

8uckwh34t

Dec 3, 2014
Specifically, electric pressure cooker for the win! more accurate than stove-top varieties. Try to find one with a stainless steel removable pot. load it up, turn the dial and voila!
I'd suggest only using it for this purpose...not food prep lol