©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Horn Beats Pacquiao by Decision

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
I think Atlas nailed it..

Teddy Atlas: Horn win over Pacquiao stinks of corruption

Teddy Atlas made his feelings known after last night’s stunning result.

ESPN analyst and longtime boxing trainer Teddy Atlas has never been shy when he thinks something sucks in the world of boxing, and he wasn’t mincing words last night, either, after Jeff Horn scored a shocking and hugely debated win over Manny Pacquiao in Australia.

Here’s what Atlas said on ESPN after the fight:

“It’s only one of two things, it’s either incompetence or corruption. When you see 117-111, I don’t think anyone could be that incompetent. I’m sorry. If you know the sport, you watch the sport, you can’t be that incompetent. You see who’s landing clean, who’s just throwing, who’s not landing clean, who almost got knocked out, you can’t be that incompetent.

“So what else could it be? Corruption. Nothing else. I’m sorry. I love this sport, it’s the greatest sport in the world. It was a great day, a great night back where you guys are. It was great for the fans out there to get it on free TV, brought back to free TV where boxing belongs. It was great! It was great theater. There’s no theater like boxing. Nothing. But the decision stunk.”

In particular, the 117-111 card from judge Waleska Roldan of New York is being heavily criticized, far more so than the 115-113 cards turned in by Chris Flores of Arizona and Ramon Cerdan of Argentina.

Is Atlas on to something, or do you think he’s overreacting?

IRONFIST

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Apr 20, 2007
the decision was total bull! i watched and then watched the highlights again this morning. no way they could have come to that end card count.

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
I agree with everything Atlas said 100%
The ref had nearly stop the fight at one point. Horn took a beating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk