©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Having a hard time locating filtration units…

Aikman56

Feb 27, 2013
Hey guys. I typically purchase Nalgene MF75 Complete Sterile Filter, 150mL, 0.22um/50mm dia. from Medical Lab Supply, but they have been out of stock forever.

My last order, I bought .2 micron filters… And it took over an hour to filter 25 mL of product, even at a low PSI and the unit on the bottom to catch the filter product begin to crack.

I've searched and searched and searched and cannot find the .22 µm filters anywhere… Any tips?
They have plenty of the .45 µm filters… But I have read that those are not advisable to use because they will let some bacteria through.

I'd really rather not order the point to micron filters again if I can avoid it… Because of how quickly they crack and the time that it takes to use them, it almost seems like a waste of money.

powders101

AnaSCI VET
Sep 21, 2007
The LAB
Checked out amazon, premiumvials, fisthersci or familyotc. Lots of different places to check out. I don't bother with ML anymore because they are always out of stock on things.

Aikman56

Feb 27, 2013
Thanks very much for the suggestions… I just needed some alternative places to search and Google searches showing up zilch. Thank you!