©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Stunt Kills Bodybuilder

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
He tried to do a back flip and hit his head...not sure what went wrong...tragic!

Sifiso Thabete: Bodybuilder dies after doing backflip and landing on his head | Video

A BODYBUILDER who was initially ridiculed after botching an attempted backflip at a competition has reportedly died because of injuries suffered in the stunt.

Sifiso Lungelo Thabete’s attempt to entertain the crowd as he entered the arena went horribly wrong when he didn’t rotate far enough and landed on his head, breaking his neck.

The incident was caught on camera and footage showed several people coming to his aid after the initial shock of what happened left the audience stunned.

Thabete — who hailed from Umlazi in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa — had been playing to the crowd before a contest on the weekend. He walked out slowly towards the centre of the gymnasium before breaking into a trot and waving his arms, encouraging spectators to cheer him on.

He ran into the centre of the mat and launched into the backflip before hitting his head. Thabete lay motionless on his side before rolling onto his back.

The first man to attend to him lifted his legs up before several others joined in to help.

Vision of the accident (which can be seen in the video player above) went viral on the internet before the severity of the damage was made public.

Bodybuilder fails backflip and breaks neck - YouTube

zacharykane

Apr 6, 2017
Always sad to see headlines like this.

After this video came out today, some of the promoters around my area have been talking about banning backflips from posing routines. I fully endorse the idea. I trained as a gymnast for a large chunk of my life and I would never dream of doing that on stage. Being depleted, dehydrated and covered and oil....just has bad news written all over it

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Wow. So sad.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk